Thread: New Unique owner

Smile New Unique owner

After many months of research I placed my order for a 427 with the Weavers this past summer. The car (a Deluxe Pallet roller with an SA 351/W, toploader, and 3.31 gears) was delivered to my home by Rich's Classic Transport last Sunday. The Weavers have been great to work with, and I am very pleased with the quality of the car. Building a cobra replica has been a dream project of mind since our 2 kids were little. The kids are now finished with college so I finally decided I could take on this project. I've done minor automotive stuff, but nothing close to building a replica. Through my visits to the forum and discussions with Maurice I am ceratin I can successfully complete my roller. However, I know I've got a lot to learn along the way. I plan on going through the rest of the build very slowly and carefully. I've been impressed with the high quality information shared by members of this forum. I know I'm going to need your help and advice along the way. From what I've observed, unique owners provide amazing support to eachother. It's great to be a part of the Unique family and I plan on being an active member. DU

Richard,

Welcome... and congratulations on your decision. You are correct, there is a wealth of information here just for the asking. A lot of your questions may have already been asked and answered, so don't hesitate to use the search capabilities. However, if you have a question (or input) post it. Also, we love photos!

By the way........ you're gonna have a blast (but you already know that)!!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Welcome and Good Luck DU.

The Unique Kit is a lot of fun. You shouldn't have any problems.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Richard,

Welcome to the forum, I just finished mine and this forum was a great resource during my build.

Take your TIME and enjoy every minute.

Rodney

Smile

And an excellent choice it is, Rich. You will find that the build is substantially easier than you would ever have dreamed....and that you will be making excuses to re-think all your early decisions on parts and arrangements.

But then - the more you drive your 4-wheeled-crotch-rocket, the more you will crave it! Dunno if it's cold where you live, but up here we put a cigarette lighter socket in the car to enable heated snowmobile suit use....

Congrats. You will be grinning ear-to-ear before you know it.
    Yeehah

Talking

Welcome Richard -- you have certainly come to the right place. Replicars are great fun to build and in the end you will have a lot of pride when you step back and admire the completed product as it will exhibit your preferences in how you want it to look. You also will learn a great deal and make a lot of friends as I did -- that will add immeasurably to your life.

Ralph

Welcome, You will find the Weavers and everyone on this forum friendly and helpful. Ask alot of questions, take your time and above all do not let your wife know the completed price.
    Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

Thumbs up

Welcome!!

Enjoy every minute of the build. It is kind of like having children and before you know it they are all grown up. The build goes so fast that you need to slow it down sometimes and take it all in.

Great group in here. No BS and no egos. Just good friends and quality information.
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Welcome--Like Brent, go slow, take your time and enjoy every little part and component, these fellows are a storehouse of knowledge and easy to know and work with.Oh yeah, we love pictures.Will-alabama

Welcome--Like Brent, go slow, take your time and enjoy every little part and component, these fellows are a storehouse of knowledge and easy to know and work with.Oh yeah, we love pictures.Will-alabama

Another Chicago Unique!!!

Dick,

Glad to see you got the car. Gerry and I are available for any "hands-on" help you need as you work on the build.

Any and all problems - ask here and you shall receive. This group has been great. Looking forward to seeing your car - have you picked a painter yet or did Bruce paint it for you already?

Dave

Congratulations and Enjoy !
    Eric
    _________

1992 Unique 427 #9114
    427 side oiler
    toploader

Mile High Cobra Nut

Thumbs up New Unique Owner

All: Thanks for all the good wishes and offers to help on questions. I know I'll need guidance along the way. I'll keep you updated as I proceed through the build. I'm talking to several painters in my area. I hope to make a final decision over the next week or so. I'm going for a fairly traditonal 427 look with stripes. Right now my favorite color combination (body) Acura Anthracite (metallic gray), with (stirpes) Acura Satin Silver. I'm also planning on painting the center section of my Trigo's Satin Silver. DU

DaveG and Dick,
    The Spence car splits its time between Arkansas and Illinois, so when it's there later this year you and my Dad can go for a cruise. They're in Glenview, NW side.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Will - time to retire.... you are starting to stutter
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Phil

yep, nearly time to go.Will-alabama