View Poll Results: What is your Internet access?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • DSL (Broadband)

23 51.11%
  • Cable Modem (Broadband)

18 40.00%
  • Analog Modem (Dial Up)

4 8.89%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got Internet?

certainly not the Spyders!

Right you are!! I know about the Spyders--in fact, if not for my aversion to VW power, I would buy a Spyder for my 22 year old daughter, who thinks the Spyder is the coolest looking car ever built and doesn't give a whit for how fast it might run! I've been checking regularly on spyderclub.com and I'm impressed with how inexpensive they are used. I, myself, am considering a Subie powered Spyder for a future build (maybe a WRX motor???)--I had a 1963 VW that needed valve jobs so frequently that it seemed it spent more time in the shop than it did on the road, so I'm looking for more modern and trouble free "motivation". I did investigate a Porsche flat 6 powered Spyder, but found out from laneco that even used they would run $50K-$60K. I think I can build quite a roadster replica for that.

Doug
    YD,E./PNB

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." (Daniel H. Burnham)

Doug,
    The way my Spyder runs I don't think I would want any more HP (120 from a 1915cc VW) but would like the Subie motor for a smoother and wider power band.
    After I had mine running I ran into a 914 2.0L flat six motor and 5spd transaxle that would made a verry slick setup.
    Do you know that they make the Spyder now with a Fox 4cyl front-drive setup?
    Work in Progress, 400+hp 351C CHI-3V Heads, Tremec 3550-2 5spd Coal Black by Greg & Jerry Porter

Who makes the Fox powered Spyder?

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBP View Post
    Doug,
    Do you know that they make the Spyder now with a Fox 4cyl front-drive setup?
    I'm not aware of that, but interested. Would you mind telling me which company so I can check it out? I'm "desperate" to avoid VW power, as you can tell.

I'm assuming that they use the Fox FWD setup in a mid-engine layout--is this correct?

Thanks!

Doug
    YD,E./PNB

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." (Daniel H. Burnham)

Doug,
    Correct on midship engine, sideways ahead of rear axel.
    Check them out at Special Edition, Inc in Bremen, IN
    http://www.beckspeedster.com/ourprod...pyder550s.html
    They are where i got mine. Jerry
    Work in Progress, 400+hp 351C CHI-3V Heads, Tremec 3550-2 5spd Coal Black by Greg & Jerry Porter