Thread: Rear Suspension Tie Plate

Rear Suspension Tie Plate

Guys,
    If there are any of you out there without a 'tie plate' on your rear suspension (this is the piece that ties together the rear suspension pivots to the differential casing) there is one on eBay right now selling for $0.01. A similar piece sold for $10 or so several weeks back. It's not as nice as the Unique piece, but if you want a bargain follow the link. It's powder coated too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/0531-...spagenameZWDVW

After seeing how the Jag rear suspension works, I wouldn't consider not using this!
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

There was a thread on this a while ago. I don't remember what it was called but I recall the Weavers having several made up that looked very nice.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Just to reiterate, the eBay auction is not for a Unique tie plate. It's for a Jag unit that will work, but not be as pretty. Screws won't be included either.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

I checked out the part on Ebay, that is the bottom of the original cage, they just cut it off and powder coated it, we have a scrap bin full of them.

Alan

Does this piece come on the newer kits?

Well, it looks like there is no need for eBay then! With the full scrap bin at Unique and the significant incremental safety afforded by this part there shouldn't be a UMC roadster on the road without it!
    Brian Carlson

Ya gets whats ya pay fer IMHO. I have the real Unique plate and also an aluminum one I made for fun.
    Unique 289 FIA #2899420
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16\'s
    Brilliant Silver

Yes all rolling chassis kits come with one, at least for the last year or so. Anyone who wants to come by and go through the scrap bin is welcome.

Alan