Thread: Chapter 15 - Lines and more Lines

Chapter 15 - Lines and more Lines

When the chassis arrived home from the body shop we started our plumbing work. With an EFI engine and DFI ignition, we are doubling the amount of plumbing and electrical lines that this car will have. To an earlier comment from an earlier thread, if a job can be made more complex, then I'll do it.

We started with the primary fuel line that runs from the fuel filter and pump near the tank up to the fuel rails on the intake. We re-bent and re-ran the original fuel line as shown below.

After hooking up the remote oil filter, we bolted in our new, custom made Harrison tank bracket. If I may brag, it looks sweet!

We're working on the return line and the lines to the oil cooler up front...More to come!

And an added bonus, we installed the new drive shaft. I know, this is really no big deal. But ANY part that comes off the overly full shelf of "stuff to install" is major progress!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pump1.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Primary1.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harrison2.JPG 
Views:	197 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harrison1.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	116  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Primary2.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drive Shaft2.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	234.3 KB 
ID:	118  
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Thumbs up

Really nice Brian. Very clean and looks accessible once the body is on and you are on the road. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Ralph

Brian,
    Is it possible to get some information from you on how your dad made the Harrison tank bracket?

Justin

Justin,
    Absolutely. We'll get you everything you want to know. Just shoot me an e-mail through the site and let me know what you're after...

Both the upright and the clamp are made on a mill from aluminum stock and designed around a Harrison tank clamp from Corvette Central and a Canton remote oil filter bracket. If you don't have a Harrison tank yet, shop Corvette Central...The tanks are half what they are at Finish line, plus you can get a nice bracket and straps. The Corvettes all the way through the 60's ran Harrison tanks and there is several different tank configurations (inlet and outlet) and brackets, depending on your application. The bracket is the best $15 I ever spent...Makes the mounting process much easier.

The Canton remote oil filter mount came from Mike Mack at tri-state motorsports.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Looks good Brian, Did the Hypercoil springs not work out?
    Steve

I looked at the different mounts on Corvette Central, is yours the fender mount bracket?

Justin

Looking good Brian.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Justin,
    The bracket we used is indeed the inner fender bracket, '63 year if I am not mistaken.

Steve,
    We picked up the car just after Christmas...The first time we had seen it in some time. The Hypercoil springs are the right diameter, the right rate, but one inch too long. We just tried them in the last couple weeks and figured that out. I'll get them back to 'ya.
    Brian Carlson

Brian,
    Can you send me your phone number so that I can get some more information on the mount you and your dad made. You can contact me at my work e-mail address of justinu@datavox.net or you can call me at 713-881-7143.

Justin

Brian, I had a feeling they would be. I had the same problem here.
    Steve