Thread: Electric fuel pump at the tank?

Electric fuel pump at the tank?

I received delivery of my 427 DPK from Unique about 5 weeks ago. I just got the body off to the painter. I'm starting some of the chassis-related work while I wait for the painting to get finished. I've been reviewing the Unique CD, Unique manual and Forum threads for info on fuel pumps and I can't find what I'm looking for. My question is pretty basic. My motor is an SA 351/W with a mild crank and an Edelbrock 600 cfm carb (drive train is fully assembled). My SA motor came with a "high perfromance" mechanical fuel pump. I plan on doing cruising and little or no track stuff. I'm assuming I still need a rear electric fuel pump, but after reading the Forum threads I'm not sure. Eliminator's thread on the subject shows a nice set up with a Carter electric fuel pump, Fram fuel filter, AN fittings and braided wire hose connections installed to the 3/8" hard tubing (I have fuel line hard tubing already mounted on the frame by Unique). However, Eliminator has a 427 motor with a high perf carb. Will this set up work for me, or should I be considering something else? I'm looking for a dependable, user-friendly set up in anticipation of warm weather daily driving.

The Carter #4594 would work great for you. I had one on my 427 Unique and Eliminator uses the same pump. Pierce Manifolds suggested it when I had my Weber set up. It is very quiet, pre set at 6-8 psi so no regulator is required, it is a pass through pump so you can turn it off and just run on the mechanical pump, it has a rubber cushion mount system, 1/4 npt I/O and only about $50.00.

No need for a high dollar, loud, voltage consuming pump for your combination.

Just my .02 worth.
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Elecric fuel pump

Brent, Thanks for the advice. I'll go with the Carter #4594.