Thread: newbe

newbe

Just picked up my 427sc sunday all the way from Bosie Idaho, what a white knuckle trip that was. It is in my garage just waiting for the
    rain to stop. Very excited, its my first cobra. Looking forword to meeting
    other cobra guys in my area. Dont have a clue as to all the cobra events
    and would like to possibly join a local cobra club. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Big Mike.

Welcome Big Mike. Tell us a little about your Cobra. Are you building it? Bought it used? If so from whom? Color, engine and pictures if you have any would be cool. Mine I call Lil' Cobra 427S/C with a 428, close ratio toploader built it in 2000. My wife and I live in TN. One of our Kids lives in Olympia. Ralph
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome, Mike
    We need to see some pictures!!!
    Hopefully next summer I'll drive my Cobra up to Renton to visit my daughters. There are three of us in Washington now - we could have our own reunion!
    Paul
    Vancouver, Washington

My new cobra

My cobra was built by unique in 2000. I bought it from Paul Martin from Bosie Idaho. It is a 427 s/c, silver with navy stripes, jag rear end, 3:31s
    inboard disk, 5 speed tko, knock off wheels, sw gages, 406 front oiler ,
    dual 4s, wow. Here are some pics, hope i did them right. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra 3.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	146

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra 2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	147

Name:	cobra 4.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	148
    Last edited by big mike; January 12th, 2006 at 05:49 PM.

more pics

Here are a few more pics. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra 5.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	149

Name:	cobra 6.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	150

Name:	cobra 8.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	151

Photos looks great Big Mike! You done good! []

Ralph

Sharp looking car!

Welcome to this site Mike, I'm happy to hear it finally belongs to someone who will drive and enjoy it, the original owner stored it and the second owner wouldn't even let people see it. I built the car personaly and came close to buying it back myself. I would put it on a lift and give it a once over before you drive it much, I offered to do it for the 1st owner because he lived about 30 miles from us but he never brought it back. You might find the tires have flat spots from not being driven. I know you are going to enjoy driving it.

Alan

Mike--sharp, and welcome, Will-alabama

Thanks Alen for the reply. There is only 5009 miles on the speedo. I changed the oil, it was crystle clear. Any sugestions on what to check and perhaps a qualified shop in the Tacoma, Seattle area? Any info would be very apprieciated. This is my first cobra and the only other cobra i have been around was my dads, and it was a kit car with a 302 and a automatic trany. Thanks again for the info, Big Mike.
    Last edited by big mike; January 13th, 2006 at 05:29 PM.

Welcome to the family. Car looks real nice. I'll give one bit of advice that was given to me when I got mine. Make certain your front wheels are straight when you jump on it - because the back wheels are going to hook up and push. I was use to the Mustang thing - back wheels just burn and smoke - this puppy is going to grab like the devil. Like driving a rocket! Have fun!