Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headlight Upgrade - KustomKarparts?

So what would be the correct model # to order?
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

David,
    By now you are likely getting the idea that there is no one correct model number for anything on these cars. Each Unique is, well, Unique. The bucket fits a 7" light. From there the option is what looks best to your eye. Remember, all lights will mount similarly, but may require more than a little fiddling to get them set in correctly and securely.

You can find a set at Streetrodstuff.com that is exactly like ours. These same lights are all over eBay as well. Summit Racing has a set made by Zoops that's nice too.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Quote Originally Posted by nolastyankee View Post
    David,
    By now you are likely getting the idea that there is no one correct model number for anything on these cars. Each Unique is, well, Unique. The bucket fits a 7" light. From there the option is what looks best to your eye. Remember, all lights will mount similarly, but may require more than a little fiddling to get them set in correctly and securely.

You can find a set at Streetrodstuff.com that is exactly like ours. These same lights are all over eBay as well. Summit Racing has a set made by Zoops that's nice too.
    Yes, unfortunately you are very correct, and I did not realize this when buying my cobra...I expected about the same situation as my V-8 vega years ago, boy, was I wrong!
    Well ,I will learn and do the best i can with hopefully minimal mistakes along the way, it sure would be nice to at least have a aset of books to refer to for how to's , torques, and working instructions.
    Thanks for the info, I think i will just stick to the stock lights for now and hit the more important stuff, I really dont feel up to messing with all the complications i am reading about with this light changeover!

Dave
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Ahhh, but the complications are half the fun! At least for me anyway. This car is like a continuous problem solving exercise. One of the absolute truths I have come away with from our build is that "there is no such thing as a bolt on part". Even those that are designed to be all require modification, tweaking, and massaging.

When putting our tri-bar headlights in I needed to make spacers for the screws to hold the light into the bucket squarely. The mounting tabs were just a couple degrees off the original which also required some creativity. It's all in good fun.

For reference materials we have collected info on the Jag rear end and various MG parts that are on our Cobra. From there it's a lot of internet search and armchair engineering!

Enjoy!
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Quote Originally Posted by nolastyankee View Post
    Ahhh, but the complications are half the fun! At least for me anyway. This car is like a continuous problem solving exercise. One of the absolute truths I have come away with from our build is that "there is no such thing as a bolt on part". Even those that are designed to be all require modification, tweaking, and massaging.

When putting our tri-bar headlights in I needed to make spacers for the screws to hold the light into the bucket squarely. The mounting tabs were just a couple degrees off the original which also required some creativity. It's all in good fun.

For reference materials we have collected info on the Jag rear end and various MG parts that are on our Cobra. From there it's a lot of internet search and armchair engineering!

Enjoy!
    OUCH, i wish you hadn't said that...I understand exactly what you are talking about, but unfortunately, in my world, time is my enemy!
    Maybe if I was retired, I would look at this totally different!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
    OUCH, i wish you hadn't said that...I understand exactly what you are talking about, but unfortunately, in my world, time is my enemy!
    Maybe if I was retired, I would look at this totally different!
    Don't worry David. That is what this website is for. No need to panic. It is just like owning an original Cobra. Ask for parts for one of them.
    Last edited by Naumoff; August 28th, 2007 at 05:36 PM.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Thanks Tony,
    I am used to the mustang website that I am a regular on...we help each other immensely!!!
    Dave