Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floor Mats

Smile Floor Mats

Several months ago I inquired about floor mats through this Forum. Phil Souza was kind enough to send me his paper templates to use to have a set made. I finally got around to having a set of custom made mats through California CarCover and they are great! If anyone would like the templates, I'd be happy to pass them on.
    Walter

how about a nice photo? also, how much did they charge? thanks, jim o
    Jim O.
    Unique 427 S/C #4279479
    SA 402FE,Toploader,
    3.53 Posi

I would like to use them.

Justin

You won't find a better mat (IMHO) than the custom made ones from California Car Cover... they are about $80, if my memory serves. It is best to make your own template, or be certain the ones you use are exact... because that is what you will receive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18 Floor mats.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	236 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18 back of mat.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	237
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Justin,
    Any interest in going in together and getting two sets of FIA mats from California Car Cover? The templates will be slightly different from the 427 mats.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Brian,
    Sounds good to me, and I think Phil S's template is the 289 template.

Justin

Unfortunately, I'm not computer smart enough to figure out how to attatch a picture, but the above pictures are accurate. My total cost, including 6% tax and shipping was $105. Phil's template is cut for a 427 with a cutout area marked for a 289. With explanation, they should be able to make both.
    One thing to note: Driver's mat does not include the footwell area. Since that area wears the most, I wanted to put something there. I spoke to Calif Carcover about making a 3rd piece, a small, square piece for the footwell, but they said would charge for two complete sets of mats. Instead, I took a carpet scrap and made one quite easily.
    Justin, Brian, if one of you will send me a mailing address, I'll send you the template.
    Walter

Walter, You can send them to me.
    Brian, when I send them in to get made do you just want me to order two sets?

Justin Upchurch
    1103 E Hampton
    Pearland, Tx 77584

Justin,
    I'm also sending you a set of same shape carpet scraps that I used to test the fit. It's easier to lay the carpet in place than a curled up piece of paper. You'll be pleased with the finished product.
    Walter

Some trivia background.... I got the templates from Phil Germond who has a 427 car. I seem to remember that the only difference was the notch required for the forward braced roll bar in the FIA. Anyway, Phil G was the originator of the template.

Phil Souza

Thanks to both Phils!

Does everybody who gets the California mats stop the drivers side mat at the footwell?
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

I had mine go down in the footwell and up the back side of the footwell. It terminates there and dosn't go to the back of the footbox. The drivers side can be go several differnt ways, tough area to work with.
    Last edited by eliminator; February 14th, 2006 at 05:24 AM.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Justin,
    I think I'll draw up a set of templates that include the drivers footbox which means I'll likely be ordering on my own. Please let me know how yours turn out and shoot a couple pictures!
    Brian Carlson

fia mats

Great thread. Did anyone figure out how to include carpeting the drop box? I would like to order a set. thanks peter

BUMP Bump...
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Any other nice floor mats out there?
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Great thread. Did anyone figure out how to include carpeting the drop box? I would like to order a set. thanks peter
    I found a piece of black powder coated aluminum diamond plate from the hardware store and cut it to fit snug and dropped it in place over the piece of carpet that was covered in vinyl.
    The stock piece kept bunching up on me with my big feet. It is very suttle and you only notice it is diamond plate if you stick your head in there. I'll take a pic and post when I get a chance.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Cool, looking fwd to it...thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
    Cool, looking fwd to it...thanks
    Here you go David. The flash has lightened up the carpet, it doesn't stand out like that in person. I was AutoXing last year and I guess the aggressive foot work was making the heels of my feet bunch up the carpet. This is working well for me. I am very happy with it.

Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear