Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floor Mats

We are now selling floor mats with the Unique logo that cover the drop floor area, we sold about 25 sets at this years homecoming and I am about to place a new otrder. For pictures go to our company site.

Alan

Thumbs up A rating

They are nice, picked up a set for Juan's 289 at Homecoming and I was surprised. Great set of mats, I am very picky and I would give them a solid A rating.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    Here you go David. The flash has lightened up the carpet, it doesn't stand out like that in person. I was AutoXing last year and I guess the aggressive foot work was making the heels of my feet bunch up the carpet. This is working well for me. I am very happy with it.

Looks great, I will have to keep my eyes open.
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    We are now selling floor mats with the Unique logo that cover the drop floor area, we sold about 25 sets at this years homecoming and I am about to place a new otrder. For pictures go to our company site.

Alan
    Ok Alan, I'm a dumb-a**, how do I get to the companys site?
    Nevermind, I got it, they dont look like they have any reinforcement or provision for the drop down section on the drivers side, the pic looks like it is just straight carpet, I cant really tell, could you clarify this, or post a close up of the area...otherwise ,I like this floormat a lot!
    Last edited by davids2toys; August 8th, 2007 at 09:05 AM.
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

I've also had the floor mats bunch up while driving. They just keep moving forward. I've decided that when my carpet wears out, I will coat the driver's floor with Rhinolining or a similar product. This way when you are caught out in the rain, the driver's foot well won't hold water like a pool and it will drain and dry faster, keep your feet dry, etc. I may leave the carpet in the passenger's compartment or I may Rhinoline it also.

Rhinolining would sure make drying your car out easier and last much longer than carpet. Much Easier to clean stains and dirt out - just use a vacuum and damp cloth. Many many advantages to not using carpet in the footwells. The orginals didn't have carpet in the footwells -- it was bare fiberglass on the originals. Can't remember if the fiberglass was over the aluminum or just a fiberglass sheet. The originals had fiberglass in the driver's side and carpet in the passenger side.
    Jer

Floormat details...

OK, here's some help on the floormats.

First, the mats are extremely high quality pieces. There is no vinyl or plastic "heel pad" on the topside of the driver's mat because you probably won't ever need one. The weave or tuft count or pile or whatever you call it (???) of these mats is waaaay up there - the fabric is extremely "plush" or thick. The pile is similar to what you will find in Cadillac, Lincoln, or German imports.

On the underside of the mats, you will find a very good set of nibs for grabbing the carpet. In addition to the nibs, in the first photo you can see the strip where the heavy backing has been deleted to allow the driver's mat to fold and fit into the drop footwell correctly. These mats have NOT moved after I put them in the car, and they haven't bunched at all. (I discarded the previous floormats on the day we bought the car after I had one bunch up under the throttle pedal!!!)

The second photo shows how the passenger mat is coped around the forward brace rollbar on a 289. This also works if you have the 2-person forward braced rollbar on a 427 like Mom & Dad have.

These are an excellent addition to the car, and act as a very nice "trim" piece for the interior - i.e. they help give the interior a more finished look.

(Of course, if you're going for the racing look, then that's not a factor!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Driver Mat Backside.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	1131   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passenger Mat.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	1132  
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367