Thread: An introduction

An introduction

Hi, All!

By no means new to the component car hobbie, but new to this board. Thought it appropriate to introduce myself and offer a jolly "hello!"

From a distance I've followed the Cobra "mistique" for nearly 15yrs now and hope to make this dream of mine a reality in the relatively near future. With Carlisle coming up, I plan on weighing my options with the vendors in attendance, concentrating heavily on the details of the Unique 427. I've hashed and re-hashed the information available on their website, recently performed a search on CC for "Wearver's" and found that Unique-related disucssion mostly occur here on this forum. Not sure why it suddenly struck me to do this, I suppose I just accepted the fact that there wasn't much Unique traffic on CC. Anyway, glad to be here and look forward to learning bunches more about these cars, the owners, and hopefully becoming an owner myself.

The present plan is a Unique 427 with a SA 406/toploader, with CSX3042 being the inspriation if any of you are familair.

Well, if any of you living within/around the Pennsylvania boarders are planning to attend the Carlisle meet this May, I look forward to meeting you!

Speak to you all soon!

- Al.

Al,

Welcome! Lots of information and owner/builders on this forum specific to Unique.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Thumbs up Welcome!

C'mon in, Al, the water's good. As our (genuinely) Good Will Ambassador Phil has said, lots of good info in here.

Not sure which piece of the Commonwealth you occupy, but a half-dozen or so of the Cobras out here on the east end are planning a run up to Carlisle on that Saturday. In particular, I'm bringing my car since I haven't been able to torment the Brothers Weaver in person since I picked the car up there in '03. Lord knows they're just waiting for that!

We will see you then - and, as I'm not prejudiced at all, Unique's cars are just flat unmatched.

Roger
    Yeehah

Thanks for the welcome!

Roger:

I'm west of Hamburg - Shartlesville to be specific, so not an unreasonable distance from New Hope. There's a red/white stripe cobra near me somewhere as I've spotted it on old 22 two or so times last fall. Not sure who it might belong to.

It's great to hear that there is a grouping of cars heading to Carlisle from our neck of the woods. Is there an organized goup in our area or is it more casual?

Thanks again,

- Al.

Hi Al,

I live about 30 minutes from you. 8 miles east of Harrisburg. Email or call me and we can get together sometime. Good call on 3042. It's a great look to go for.

-Geary

sarno@paonline.com
    (717)576-5988

After taking a second glance at that photo of CSX3042, it seems to me someone must have done some replacement of leafs..... I say that because these expense leaf-blowers we drive work very well and those don't look like they have been disturbed!!!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Wink

Nah, Phil, that's just New Jersey. Even the leafs have attitude...disturb 'em, and they go right back to where they were, calling all their friends so that there's more than ever to re-rake.

Al, there's lots of cars around these days. Groups come and go, and altho most are pretty loosely organized you will still never be lonely. We do have a neat bunch, spread from North Jersey to SlowerLower Delaware that meet up with some regularity - check in at www.midatlanticcobras.com and you'll find a whole lot of what's up. And you will certainly be more than welcome; we have a get-together every June (June 3 this year) called the Revolution, held at Washington's Crossing, and get the better part of 50 cars each year, originals, GT's, but only ONE Unique...so far, anyway.

So. Make plans. There are a couple guys up in Nazareth, a bit touched if you know what I mean, who are always looking for company.
    Yeehah

Quote Originally Posted by pgermond
    After taking a second glance at that photo of CSX3042, it seems to me someone must have done some replacement of leafs..... I say that because these expense leaf-blowers we drive work very well and those don't look like they have been disturbed!!!
    Ain't that the truth!

Hello Al,

I will be making the trip to Carlisle.

Coming up from Southern Maryland.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Tony:

I was just about to tell you I am heading to Hagerstown on Sunday, then after a little help from mapquest, I discovered that Prince Frederick is nowhere close to Frederick. : ) Oh,well. Would love to meet up w/you at Carlisle as I really enjoyed viewing your gallery photos and following the story of the delivery of your car.

The rest of ya:

As a newbie to this board, I just wanted to express some gushy sentiment in stating that you all are a really great/helpful/supportive group. I just read through all 17chapters of "nolastyankee"'s build archive and the responses to his inspiring build documentation certainly displays a refined and sincere character to this group. After having spent much time at the other well-known boards, the absence of abrasive response/feedback is very appealing. I'm glad to be here, share this hobbie, and listen to your experiences. I look forward to meeting many of you soon.

All the best,

- Al.

Hey Al,

Why not come to the Unique Open House? Linger long enough and you can hit Carlisle on the way home. You can join me and Tom for the ride down. Have you eaten at the Mansion in New Hope? My cousin's son is a Chef there. Good food.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Del; March 24th, 2006 at 04:14 AM.
    MIKE DEL

Your Warranty Voided Here...If you can't open it, it's not yours.

289 USRRC, 357 Magnum Windsor

Al,

We get that all the time. You say Prince Frederick and they think Frederick. That's OK but if some is trying to visit you that could be a bad thing.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Welcome to the family!
    Your decesion to build with the Weaver's will be one of the most exciting moves you'll ever make. Took me (with help, about 1-2 years), but when you get it right, there's no way to explain the way you will feel in your car. I tell everyone who will listen, that this Cobra has changed my life's outlook. You just can't be anything but excited and happy when you see it or drive it. Will be starting mine up this weekend. She's been asleep, all winter here in North Jersey.
    Look forward to meeting you at Carlisle (be there Saturday).

Al,

Welcome aboard

If you get a chance, go to Homecoming this year. Last year was my first and also where I put the rest of the deposit down on my car. I looked at several brands and mulled over this forum and CC as well. Alan put me in touch with Kelly Mullins, he is the guy with the car that matches the Hooters Girls outfiits. This site and Kelly sold me on Unique, and after doing business with them there is no one else I would rather give my money to. When you think about it that is what counts most in the Cobra market to me. All of these cars look fairly close and some really are better than others, but in the end the most important thing is do you like who you are doing business with and will they be around in the future. When you stop and think about it Unique has been through just about every business cycle and oil cruch you could imagine dating back to the Carter administration, so that tells you they will be around for many years to come.

Justin