Thread: Chapter 17 - All Hosed Up

Chapter 17 - All Hosed Up

Fellas,
    This will be a short chapter in the grand scheme of things. As I go stir crazy waiting for that body to be finished up, I threw together some hard radiator lines using mandrel bends and straight tubing. The powder coat isn't on yet, and the finish is still pretty rough. Despite that I'm really happy with how it came out! Also visible is the new radiator bracket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hosed1.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hosed2.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hosed3.JPG 
Views:	163 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hosed4.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	323  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hosed5.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	324  
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Question

Why did you get a radiator with the bottom outlet on the passenger side, just curious???

Give us an update on the paint work, when is that suppose to be completed?
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Rick,
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to figure that out... The main reason for the reversed radiator is because we have the Hawk front suspension with the MG beam that isn't drilled for a pass through. Since the lower radiator line needs to pass between the beam and the frame in this configuration, making the turn down to the driver side outlet was a challenge with the rack and pinion input. The ease of plumbing combined with the anal retentive fact that the original cars were oriented this way led to the passenger side outlet.

The body is in primer now, and I am scheduled to head to the painter for final inspection (prior to color) a week from Saturday. We're scheduled to get it back mid-April. The 8-week turnaround from our painter has extended to 8 months. On the positive side, it looks awesome!
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"