Thread: Part 7- Repairing the frame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Part 7- Repairing the frame

In this section I will go over some of the repairs and/or changes that I am making to the frame. The previous owner added bracing that I will remove or change and cut away pieces (including the entire rear portion of the frame) that I need to replace.

If you look close at the next picture, you will notice that the front body mounting tab is gone as well as the jack bar mount. I have no idea why this was done but figured this was a good place to start the repairs.

This shot shows the newly fabricated parts welded on. With the body in place I am able to line up these items. I will finish any welding that I can't get to later, after the body is removed.

to be continued.....
    Last edited by RJacobsen; November 29th, 2009 at 02:18 PM.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Any new progress Rod?
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Tony, I'm afraid it's been hard to find time to work on the car lately. I've had alot of out of town work. But the best excuse I have for not working on the car was the arival of my first grandson on 3-4-2006, this is one thing thats way more fun than a Cobra.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.

Handsome boy Rod! Congrates!
    Car can wait a little.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Thanks Tony. Yah, I'm having too much fun with the little guy but I'll get back at the car soon.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.

Rod,
    With the Spence car home from the paint shop I have been wondering lately about my "kindred spirit" rescue Cobra...Any progress lately? Hope to see you at the homecoming in the spring, we'll be there!
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"