Thread: insulation

insulation

I have the thermo-tec material and super inulator cut to fit the interior and taped in place. Should I use the same 3M product to glue the insulation to the footwells, tunnel etc. that is used for the carpet?

Justin

Justin,
    I purchased my insulation from JC Whitney. They sell a high heat contact adhesive (GM268587) that works very well. It has a very directional spray to limit overspray.
    Paul
    Vancouver, Washington

Justin, I used the 3M spray adhesive and it worked fine.

OT, did you fire up the engine this past weekend?

insulation

i used the stuff from home depot weldwood contact cement worked fine for me . i bought about a 1/4 gallon of it and brush it on.hope this helps.garcia

Bittentoo,

I got the new starter in and turned the motor over, but decided not to fire it up because water wase leaking from the water pump.It turns out that several of the water pump bolts were missing, in fact only two are in the pump.
    I have been all over town tring to find the bolts, and nobody sells them, not even Tommie Vaughn Ford. The engine builder is sending them to me and they should be here by the weekend.
    Speaking of this weekend what are your plans? If you aren't busy you are more than welcome to come drink my beer and watch me attempt to put in the carpet. Oh, and of course give Cheryl another ride, and Cathy across the street wants one too

Justin
    Last edited by Justin Upchurch; April 25th, 2006 at 05:04 PM.

That sounds like an offer I can't refuse!!!!!

Need to practice up for the Homecoming car show anyway........