Thread: juanone 289 Alignment and Ride Height

juanone 289 Alignment and Ride Height

These last two weeks Rick has been steadily adjusting my car's ride height and making rough adjustments to the camber and toe, front and back. Through this excercise we found out that the springs in the front of my car were 11", 450lb springs. Maurice promptly shipped the correct springs for my car, 10" 325lb springs. We then proceeded, or rather Rick did, to install the new springs, and make numerous adustments to the car's ride height. At this point I was so impressed with the way the car handled and steered, effortlessly.

Then Rick said, if you think the car rides great now, wait until we get it aligned. So, Rick and I took my car to perhaps the cleanest and most efficient alignment shop in Louisville. Tony's Brake and Alignment Shop. After two hours of alignment Rick handed me the keys and said, try it now.

WOW!!!! I now have a totally different car than the one i first picked up. Here are some photos of the alignment process and shots of the car's beautiful profile and ride height. If you have any questions regarding ride height, alignment, camber, toe in ask Rick, he's got it in the bag. Thanks Rick.

If you have not fixed your car's ride height, adjusted the camber and toe of your car, and then align it, you are missing the best part of owning a Unique, In My Honest Opinion.

Juan
    Last edited by juanone; June 4th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Juan-Rick

Can.t wait to see this baby at homecoming, it is a doll. They do ride good when properly aligned, and set up. See you all at homecoming. Will-alabama

Juan,

Can you elaborate a little more on how the car rides now vs. before? Also, now that it is set up to your liking how would you compare and contrast the handling of this car vs. your Superformance as far as turn in and feed back through the wheel?

Justin

Rick Is Da Man. The guy that assembled the car ain't to shabby either.

Alan

Juan,

I'd be interested in the specs on the alignment... I can't make it to Louisville for a visit to the shop but we do have a great shop in my area.. Any info that I can supply them will be of help.... It clearly does need an alignment and I need to breathe some new excitement into the car....

Al schafer
    AL

On second thought.... I just might be interested in pulling the car down to Louisville for an alignment from your guy....
    AL

Unique vs Superformance Alignment

Hi Guys:

I was not able to respond before now since I am out of the country with no access to the Net.

Now I am able to. As for the dif between ride and suspension quality in a Superf vs a Unique, the two cars are worlds apart. When I first drove my Unique after I took delivery from Rick, my impressions were not very favorably since the Unique handled like a Mack truck and the Superf drove like an Escalade. Since that time Rick has enlightened me regarding the untuned and unaligned suspension status of my Unique at that time.

Following that Rick adjusted to my car ride height and changed from an unintentional fitting of 450lb 11" springs in the front of my car to the correct 325lb 10" springs the car rode beautifully. Since that time the car was very properly aligned. Now the ride comparisson between the Superformance and the Unique is more of a fair one.

Yes the Superformance suspension's feel and ride is a very smoothy and contemporarily refined one. The Unique now, however, is a very solid, responsive and more true in handling to that of a high performance car. Both are very good in my opinion, the Unique is very much to my liking now because it feels more immediate and direct.

If you want a ride like in a BMW ride in a Superformance, if you want to ride like a true thoroughbred ride in a well tuned suspension of a Unique. Yes, I have had to eat my words in my original comparisson but I will digest them very well in my Unique.

Just ask Rick, you will not regret his input, you may not always like his directness, but man oh man is he right on this area.

See you all next week.

Juan
    Last edited by juanone; May 23rd, 2006 at 07:33 PM.