Thread: Western States Cobra Bash

Western States Cobra Bash

Looks like all you folks on the Atlantic and Gulf side had a nice time this weekend in the Gadsden area. Really hope to make the Reunion one of the times soon. Next weekend there will be an event here on the Pacific side in Reno and I have noticed that there are about 6 Uniques signed up to attend. We've got beautiful weather forcasted and if the event is anything like last year it should be a blast. Sorry we'll miss Phil Germond, his lovely wife Sandy, his striking blue 427 (and the infamous prop beanie).

Had a really interesting experience yesterday while attending the Cobra Owners Club of America semi-annual open track event at Willow Springs. There was a concurrent Shelby employees reunion at the track and thanks to Bob Shaw, I got an invitation to attend. Ended up sitting next to delightful gent who had been an employee at Dean Moon's shop in Santa Fe Springs when the first car arrived from AC in the UK. He was the guy who put the first 260 in the car (the Hurlocks in the UK and installed a 221 but the car was shipped to the US without an engine) and got it running. Man there were some interesting stories going around that room all afternoon.

Phil Souza

Phil,

Be sure to take some photos next weekend and fill us all in. I'll be gone for a couple-three weeks, but I'll catch-up when we return.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)