Thread: Indiana SAAC 2006

Indiana SAAC 2006

I had the opportunity to go up to Brown County State Park in Indiana for the Annual Indiasna Regional SAAC yesterday.

Very disappointing since most of what was there were Mustangs. Yes, some Shelby Mustangs 350's as well as 500's, but mostly Mustang Clubs. I was really looking forward to seeing a lot of original Cobra roadsters. There were 2-289's and 1-427 comp car. The 289's were very nice as were their owners. Very approachable and eager to show you their cars inside and out. The 427 was, well it is used for vintage racing and it shows, very rough. Also present was one of Superformance's incredible, and I mean incredible GT-40 Replica. A bit too rich for me, you can get in one for about $95,000 (ouch!!!).

I wish I could attend this year's SAAC in VA, too far.
    Last edited by juanone; June 4th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Smile

Juan,
    The red 427 looks like it has a well "worn" patina! Did it have any original racing history other than vintage?

At $95K for the Superformance......you might as well had another $50K or $60K and get the real thing!!
    Jeff

Unique 427 S/C #4279451
    Survival Motorsports FE482
    4 Speed Toploader (Nascar close ratio)

Jeff:

The owner was not around when I stopped by, but the car looked like it has had extrensive wear and tear wether via Vintage or Pro.

Juan

Hey Juan!

Great pics! Any shots of the Sunbeam Tigers that are in the background behind the blue 289?
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Talking The Red # 98

Think about the red car for a moment.
    It's an SC, probably made around 1967....40 years old.
    A bit rough, worn, extensive wear and tear.....But, it's out there being used
    unlike some other originals which have had ground up restorations and ' now sit in some collection for a priviged few to view.'
    I think the owner of that car should be commended for 'using' it...
    getting it out there so people can see it....ever see the look of ammazment
    on a 20 year olds face when they see a Cobra for the first time...priceless,
    and if it's an original , all the better.
    I'd hate to see a car like that become another stored away show piece.

Cheers.....Mike
    Mike Geddes