Thread: Forum Usage, Lesson Number 1

Forum Usage, Lesson Number 1

In search of guidance: I am trying to upload several photos from my visit to the Homecoming for Unique. I am having two problems. When I try to upload from the attachment window, it goes through the process only to tell me the JPG file failed. Also, I see single threads with several photos attached. The upload window appears to allow only six at a time.

Having never uploaded before, I am sitting here all dressed up with no place to go. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Ric

Forum Uploads

Ric:

Maybe the size of your images are too large both in inches and resolution. Can you make sure the images ar no larger than 200k at 72dpi, and about 10" wide? You can only add 6 at a time but you can add more after you load the first 6 to the same thread.

If you are still having problems please send them to me and I will be glad to upload them for you, okay? I have Photoshop and it makes them work beautifully.

I have Broadband and have no trouble receiving your large files, so send them to:

juanlb@createvisibility.com

Juan

if you just plan to transfer and view files on your computer you might want to set your camera for low resolution so you won't have to shrink the files. if you are making prints, however, you will want that higher resolution and have to shrink like juan describes.
    Jim O.
    Unique 427 S/C #4279479
    SA 402FE,Toploader,
    3.53 Posi

Use Microsoft Explore to Reduce photo size

I let Explore automatically reduce the size of my photos for e-mailing and posting to web sites.

Right click "Start" button
    Select "Explore"
    Open the folder where you saved your pictures
    Open your picture
    Right click on the picture
    Select "Send To" from the drop down menu
    Select "Mail Recipient" from the next drop down menu
    Select "reduce file size" from the two selections that pop up

It will open an e-mail with the reduced size photo attached
    Save this attachment to My Documents or My Photos, or some other file location. You can change the name of the photo during this step.
    Delete the e-mail after you have saved the attachment.

When the web asks you for the file location, browse to My Documents, etc. where you have saved the reduced photos.

More info here http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69330
    Last edited by Jerry Cowing; May 21st, 2006 at 10:12 AM.
    Jer

Many Thanks

Thank you guys for the great feedback. This will get me going in the right direction. Juan, I appreciate the posting support.

Ric