Thread: Carpeting

Carpeting

Thanks to those with answers on oil line routings. Twas a big help. Now, what have you guys found in laying the carpeting. Put padding underneath? Leave it naked underneath? All ideas/suggestions/pitfalls gratefully accepted.
    Thanks.
    Steve D.

Yes sir!

Check out this thread:
    http://www.uniquecobra.com/showthrea...ght=insulation

Have Fun!!
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Cool Interior

Do a search for Interior and or insulation and there is a lot of material, pictures and posts. All of Alan's car builds have the info too.

Minimum of 3/8" insulation under the transmission tunnel carpet or the carpet will not lay nice and flat. The headers are only inches from you feet in the foot boxes.................Thermo Tech Heat Shield (about 1/4") plus other insulation on top of that.

But yes you do insulate, in my car no carpet over bare fiberglass, even in the floor, 1/4" thermo tech, extreme, maybe, quite and cool, you bet. You can always hear such things as road noise over the side pipes, mine is pretty much non exsistent.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

be careful because a lot of the old threads talk about building the tunnel up thick to fill out the carpet. i just finished mine and the newer carpeting fits tighter so i would not go more than the 1/4" thermotec plus 1/4" jute. i originally went thicker and it was too bulky. i liked the thermotec with foil on both sides because it was neater than the one -sided. i have several photos i can email but they are too large to post here. or maybe someone can suggest a QUICK way to compress them. jim o
    Jim O.
    Unique 427 S/C #4279479
    SA 402FE,Toploader,
    3.53 Posi