Thread: clutch adjustment?

Question clutch adjustment?

i have a tremec 5-speed with hydraulic throwout bearing. the clutch engages just about as soon as i lift the pedal. Mc leod the T.O. manufacturer says i need a minimun of 1 inch to1 1/4 inches of piston rod travel with a 3/4 bore master cyl. I can get the rod to move just under an inch before it bottoms out. possible causes are the pedal set-up will only allow that much travel or possible bad Master. i was considering a bigger bore or longer throw master. The bearing seems to be installed at the correct setting though i could try to adjust it if necessary. Does anyone have any similar experiences or some advice please! Oh yeah i have bled the hecjk out of it too! no changes.

Scott, I've had a few issues with my clutch hydraulic system as of late. Assuming your master is like mine, it has a maximum travel of 1.4". You should be able to extend the length of the rod between the master and clutch petal by unscrewing the clevis. But you have to be careful not to over extend the piston in the master. I've destroyed one already.
    427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.