Thread: Clutch fixed

Talking Clutch fixed

Life is good again. Apparently, my sticking clutch issue was an easy (read: inexpensive) fix of the slave cylinder and/or pushrod. Took it out for a quick spin through town last night. Easily lit-up the tires from a rolling 40 in first gear. Oh yeah. My wife keeps asking me when I'm gonna grow up.
    Keith []
    Unique Motorcars 427 SC
    Southern Automotive 462 stroker

That's great news. Tell your wife - NEVER. I'm always telling folks, "I wish I could make my wife scream half as much as I do when I stand on the gas pedal of the Cobra!"
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Nature says you have to grow older.....it says nothing about growing up.

Phil Souza

Quote Originally Posted by excelguru
    Oh yeah. My wife keeps asking me when I'm gonna grow up.
    As I advise my significant other, "Plenty of time for that later."

Glad you got the beast back on the road!
    Gary
    Unique FIA 351W

So I'm driving down I-20 the other night in the F-350 (turbo-diesel, crew-cab, gigantic) with the wife beside me. There's this young kid in the lane next to me with a brand new Ram 1500, two-door. And I mean brand new. Mine's a 1997 with plenty of "patina".

I'm puposely pacing him with the diesel roaring next to his open window. So I waited. Didn't take long. I hear his aftermarket exhaust kick in and I floor it. Poor kid thought he was actually gonna pull away from me. My wife just shook her head as I laughed out loud. I'm such a kid.

Hey, if ya can't have fun, what CAN ya do?
    Keith []
    Unique Motorcars 427 SC
    Southern Automotive 462 stroker

Known as the "Peter Pan Syndrome" - "Never wanna grow up ... Never wanna grow old .. Never wanna die". To the best of my knowledge these were the song lyrics in the original movie. Words to live by.
    When I was a serious autocrosser, I approached one of the finest drivers in Central PA. I asked how he was running so fast - why he had no serious competition. His advise was simple - "To become very good at what ever you are doing in life you've got to hang out your nads from time to time." "To put it all at risk". "To go into the turn too fast - on a bad line - and then fight like hell to save it. That's how you learn"

Stay Sport Minded - Geary
    Last edited by Aggressor; August 14th, 2009 at 10:05 PM.