Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gasman's Cobra

Gasman's Cobra

Hey Guys, Haven't posted in awhile. Just a quick post to let you know what has been going on in my life. Several months ago, I got interested in doing some road racing. I went to Panoz racing school in Atlanta and got my SCCA provisional. With that in hand, I started working on a 1989 325i to prepare the car for NASA spec e30 racing. The car was finished just in time to compete in my first race last weekend at Road Atlanta. I won the poll in Saturday's race and finished 5th and qualified 11th in Sunday's race and finished 9th. Racing is so much fun and I really look forward to focusing on getting better at it. Which leads to my next big news....sadly it is time to let go of my Cobra. I just don't have time for everything. If anyone wants to buy a real beauty, please send me a PM.

Most of you guys know about the car. I'll try to throw a few pictures up tonight. I don't have photo software on my office PC. This is a 2001 427 car finished in 2003. I bought the car with 1,900 miles on it. Completely reworked the suspension with Bilstein gas shocks and Hypercoil springs. The steering rack was upgraded using Flaming Rivers components. Southern Automotive rebuilt the engine at 2,300 miles. The 427 has aluminum heads, roller rockers, aluminum water pump, Holley 750. The puller fan keeps the car running very cool, even in stopped traffic. The car has just under 4,000 miles on it and is as close to perfect as it can be. I'm asking $55,000. Please tell anyone interested in a Cobra to contact me. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	billboards.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sideview.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motor installation.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	puller fan flaming rivers rack.jpg 
Views:	475 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	635  

Last edited by gasman; August 23rd, 2006 at 02:55 PM.
    Steve

Steve that is one nice ride.

You are letting it go pretty cheap.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Thanks Tony, I'll try it your way.
    Last edited by gasman; August 16th, 2006 at 03:33 PM.
    Steve

Gaaaaaaaaaaasman,

Congrats on your achievement, and good luck with your new passion- sounds like a blast ......... but to part with your Cobra? First Brent, and now you? Someone will be purchasing a beauty, for sure!!!!

Good to see you back, albeit for a short time.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Boy, somebody's gonna get a VERY nice car at a VERY good price. Anyone who's considering this car should jump on the opportunity 'cause you can't replicate what Gasman has done with this car for anywhere near that price. What a beauty (I mean the car, not Gasman).
    Keith []
    Unique Motorcars 427 SC
    Southern Automotive 462 stroker

Bummer

Steve, when I saw your post I had a strange feeling that might be the subject. Hope you enjoy the spec racing. Check in from time to time
    Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

We're going to run out of Cobra's here in Augusta soon. Well, Unique's anyway. Maybe you can sell it local.

John
    Unique 289FIA #nomore

Wish

I had some extra loot, I,d bring that baby back to alabama.Will-alabama

Got any more photos? How about a full description of your car? How old is your block?

Very nice looking car!

The block code is C3AE. It is a 427 top oiler stroked to 454 built by Southern Automotive 9/2/05. I sent you a PM, please send me your email address and I can attach a PDF of the build sheet. This forum will not upload a PDF.
    Last edited by gasman; August 29th, 2006 at 11:48 AM.
    Steve

sssnot,

Gasman's Cobra is very nice and priced to move. If you look at all of his posts over the last couple of years you will see that it has been well sorted and maintained.

Good Luck in your Cobra Quest,

Justin

TTT, the car is still available.
    Steve

Steve,
    Will you finance?
    I would like to get it for my wife but I'm short on cash by about the whole amount.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Sure, 10% compounded weekly. Miss a payment, you get a visit from Guido.
    Steve

Hey........ I have Italian cousins in Phili. So watch it Stevie boy.
    Tony

TTT, Happy new year guys.
    Steve

Steve,
    Send the car to me. If you hate it so much and want it out of your sight I will parade it around here and sell it for you.
    Tony

Tony, I know you are kidding, but others probably don't. Love the car, just time to let it go. Hard to believe someone would opt to build one of these cars spending more, thinking it can be done better than they would to get this one for the price offered. Maybe the market is just way too soft right now. Perhaps I'll just drive the hell out of it and forget it....nevermind.
    Steve

I know you don't hate the Cobra. I think you are right about the market. You have on of the most desirable set up for a first time owner.
    Blue w/ white stripes. Someone will buy it. I am looking to do another car project in a couple of years. If you still have it and another Cobra is what I decide to do I will call you first.

I am considering doing an Essex Wire clone. So I would have to repaint yours and remove the windshield and the interior.
    Tony

TTT. If anyone is curious, the car is still available.
    Steve