Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gasman's Cobra

Hi Alan,

Well driving with the Billboards is a bit more difficult than radial tyres especialy on bad roads but they stick on the road and that's what I want.

And the look....

I'll buy the same tyres when I'll need to change them. But I've read that it's not easy to find them even in the US (In France it's impossible...)

Concerning the bolts once my engine will be repaired I'll check them each month. I don't want to change all the gaskets each year. If the problem is only the gaskets !! I'm going to check if piston rings or exhaust valves need to be replaced too..

OlivieR

Olivier,
    Looks even cooler then when I drove it. White cermaic coated sidepipes would really set her off.
    The tires are great when they heat up. I have a set. If you don't drive the car everyday they get flat spot in them that when you get them heated up they smooth out. I leave my Goodyears off until I am ready to drive so that they start out round.

A better tire that has a DOT rating are made by AVON. A bit more expensive but worth it. They don't have the cool GOODYEAR on the sides but you can just make a stencil and paint it on the AVONs.
    Roger Krause Racing sells them and the GOODYEARS. Here is my car with the GOODYEARS.
    Here is the link for the tires
    http://rogerkrausracing.com/pages/pricing.html
    Click on the Cobra tires PDF
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

I would not use the FelPro intake gaskets. I would get Victor Reinz gaskets for the intake and solid copper gaskets for your headers. Headbolts should not have to be re-torqued.

What engine are you running in the car?
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Hi Naumoff,

Thanks for the information about the tyres. I'm going to find info about the AVON.

Your car is very nice. Black is color wich is perfect for the Cobra. I'm like you I like the look of the car with racing stickers. We haven't exactly the same tyres (I've got on mine EAGLE and GOOD YEAR - If I remember well your tyres are softer than mine and specialy for race track).

I've seen 2x air filters on your engine. I suppose you have a 427FE like me ? Mine is a 427 Top Oiler stroked to 454 with Edelbrock performer Rpm headers and intake manifold and single Holley 4150 (750cfm) carburator which is easier to tune than your both carburators. And Fuel in France is more expensive than in the US (1 gallon is 7,84$...)

Southern Automotive recommended me to buy FEL PRO gaskets for cylinders headers, valve covers and for exhaust headers. For the Intake manifold they recommended MR GASKET. If I had get your email before I would have ordered the gaskets you talked to me.
    Hope Iwon't need to change them another time...

OlivieR

Same tires I just didn't paint in the eagle. 482 stroked 427 so 2x4s 600 holleys.

Cam2 still isn't as expensive as what you are paying.

These cars are a lot of fun.
    Tony