Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gasman's Cobra

Someone requested pictures of my car, this thread has some of the best pictures of the car that I have taken. If more are needed, please let me know.
    Last edited by gasman; December 28th, 2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: adding photo (too large....sorry.)
    Steve

Parade Time

Hey Tony,
    If Gasman ever takes you up on the parade deal call me and I'll help relieve you of some parading duty burden.

-Geary

Hey guys, I'm bringing this thread back to the top. I really need to sell my car and would entertain any offer. Please help me spread the word. Thanks.
    Steve

This is a fantastic car. I drove it when I visited Steve. If anyone wants a car that is all sorted out, this is the car. Do not miss this opportunity.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

TTT. Here is the car for anyone interested. Any reasonable offer will be accepted.
    Steve

Hey guys, Happy New Year! I really want to sell this car. Let me revise my last post to say, "Any unreasonable offer will not be refused". I'm very motivated to sell this car.
    Steve

I received a PM last night from a member not wanting to insult me. Seriously, nothing will insult me. Let my loss be your gain. The car has 3800 miles on it and 500 since the motor was rebuilt.
    Steve

Thumbs up Gasman's Cobra

Just for my info, what was the cost of the Panoz Racing School and how long was it? I'm hoping to win the lottery any day now!
    Dennis M. Swann

Dennis, Skip Barber Racing School purchased Panoz sometime last year. The 3-day course is shown on their website at $3,399.00. It is much cheaper to enroll in HPDE's at NASA events and over time you probably get a better education.
    Steve

That is a gorgeous car, and someone will end up being very happy with a purchase! Tough business climate these days, but for those with a secure cash flow this is a fabulous example of the bargains to be had.

Hey guys, I've found someone that would like to purchase the motor out of my car. If anyone is interested in my car less engine and transmission, please let me know. I could sell it for 25K as a roller.
    Steve

Hey Guys, Today was a happy/sad day for me; I had to turn around and walk away. Alan, I really appreciate all of your help in finding a buyer for the car. Thanks very much and I hope to see you in Tuscaloosa....Roll Tide!
    Steve

Steve,

Three plus years on the block... wow!!!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

is car still for sale?

Where are the pictures and is it avaiable?
    What is the price?
    Thanks,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer67 View Post
    Where are the pictures and is it avaiable?
    What is the price?
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Read post #32..... it sold. A very nice car.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Steve's car is now in France with a very happy new owner, it left the country in early Nov and the buyer drove it about 500 miles from port to his home. It was more than he was hoping it to be, he is very happy.

Hi, I'm Olivier the new French owner of the Steve's car.
    As Alan said I'm still really happy to drive the car since I bought it in 2009, November. I drove it 6500 miles this year more than when Steve owned the car during 4 or 5 years...
    In France it's not like in the US, this type of car is extremely rare. You can find sometimes English Cobra replica but not American Cobra replica.
    My Unique is the second one on the ground of France and each time I drive the car people in the streets ask me questions about it and makes pictures. Last time I started the car during a car show and approximatly 80 people were looking to the car. I can confirm that the Weaver have done a great job and produce nice quality products.
    Today, I have a problem with the engine that have been rebuilt by Southern Automotive: I have coolant water in 2x cylinders and compression in 2x others cylinders is low. I didn't know it when I bought the car but I think I should have tighten the bolts of the cylinder heads and the intake manifold, as the engine had been rebuilt since 1000miles when I bought the car. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT? I'm now ordering the different gaskets I need to change and hope that nothing else is wrong...
    Thanks,
    OlivieR

Well Welcome Olivier.
    I have driven Gasmans car with the other engine and can say it is well sorted.
    Sorry for your new engine problems. If you can post some pictures of your car in France that would be great. Also some pictures of your engine problems.
    I think it is terrible that you have had engine problems in such a short time.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Hi Naumoff and thanks for your message.

Well concerning the engine I'm waiting the gaskets(cylinders headers, intake manifold, valve covers) that I have ordered to Southern Automotive.

Do you think the problem I have is due because bolts of headers and intake manifold haven't been tighten after engine rebuild ???

Here are some pictures of the car (when I get it and now):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010243-lit.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	2393

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000296-lit.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	255.9 KB 
ID:	2394

I'm now looking someone who can paint in White color my side pipes whith ceramic treatment. And the car will be as I have always wished.

For the picture of the engine I hope in 2x weeks I could send them on the forum.

OlivieR

The car looks great Olivier, how do you like driving on the Goodyear racing tires? The header bolts need to be checked from time to time but the intake bolts should stay tight.