Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Unique Fundraiser :)

2006 Unique Fundraiser :)

Here it is……..The official 2006 Unique Cobra.com Forum fundraiser thread!!!!!!!!!!

Phil asked for someone else to pick up the baton that he and Clay have so graciously carried, and be the point person for this year’s fundraiser. I have received so much from this forum and the members while building my car over the last year, that I felt compelled to help raise money for this valuable resource.

The forum site has been running well since last year’s software upgrade, but the server is getting older and we are running out of storage space. The current machine is a Compaq DL380 with four 18gig hard drives in a RAID 5 configuration. This only leaves 54 gigs of useable hard drive space after parity is calculated for the drive redundancy. (Sorry for the techno jargin, in English this means that the drive space on the Forum server is a fraction of what most of us have on our PCs at home.)

Patrick would like to upgrade the hard drives to either 36 or 72 gigs, but obviously this will take some financial resources to do so. Not to mention the amount of time it will take him to backup the data and image the new drives. But once this is done he can give us more space for picture and video galleries as well as have more room for other recently requested forum features.

As you can see, Patrick puts a considerable amount of time and energy into making this forum a useful resource that all of us who take part in this hobby can enjoy. So that he can continue to provide us a great place to get ideas, hang out, and get to know our on-line friends, please consider contributing something…….anything that you feel comfortable with during this years’ fundraiser.

To get an idea of the amount others have contributed in the past, you can click on the "ABOUT" button at the very top of the page and then under that "Friends of Unique Cobra." Remember…… ANY amount will be appreciated.

To Donate:

1) You can send a check via snail mail payable to Patrick Brown to

Patrick Brown
    c/o UniqueCobra.com
    2841 NW 74th St
    Seattle WA 98117

2) You can use paypal @ https://www.paypal.com and make a payment to pbrown@sla.com

3) Donate using the forum @ http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/payments.php

Be sure to reference your forum user name in the transaction or on your check so you are recognized on the 'Friends of... ' page.

I hope all of the forum members have found this site to be as helpful to them as it has been to me.

Justin

Thanks Justin for doing this.
    Just made my payment.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Kudos to you, Justin!

Good to see you step up to the plate and take over this task, Justin. I've been an event organizer for various organizations in the past and I know how difficult it can be to get volunteers. Your heart is evidently in the right place.

I'll forward a donation soon as I figure out how to access my PayPal account. I use it solely for this sort of activity and since I haven't used it for about a year it might take a day or two for them to email me my password, etc. Worst case scenario would be using snail mail, but I think I can muddle through the internet well enough to manage.

While I've been a registered member on this forum for almost 2 years, I seldom post--I find the postings of others and the search function to be adequate to answer most of my questions. However, I would submit to lurkers or other members who have not contributed that Justin is correct in his statement regarding the benefits of this forum and so I would challenge all those who take advantage of the forum to step up and, so to speak, put their money where their mouth is, just as I intend to do. IMHO, this is one of the better Cobra related forums on the web--very high signal to noise ratio!! It's nice not to have to wade through the "crap" to get to the table!

Doug
    YD,E./PNB

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." (Daniel H. Burnham)

Thumbs up

Thanks Justin!!!!............. Thanks Patrick!!!!

The checks in the mail
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

2006 Unique Fundraiser

Submitted mine already with the credit card feature Patrick added to the forum. Way to go Patrick and Justin,

Juan

Thumbs up

sent mine by paypal today.
    Thanks
    Eric
    Eric
    _________

1992 Unique 427 #9114
    427 side oiler
    toploader

Mile High Cobra Nut

Thanks Justin for picking up the ball and running!!
    Thanks Patrick for keeping this forum up and running!!
    Just made my donation with the new card card payment method which is a great addtional way to pay.

Rodney

Paypal sent. Thanks Justin, et al!!
    Robert
    Unique Motorcars 289 F.I.A. # 9142
    Southern Automotive 354 stroker

Paypal sent
    Thanks Justin

ED

Ditto

Bob

thanks justin, i'll send check. jim o
    Jim O.
    Unique 427 S/C #4279479
    SA 402FE,Toploader,
    3.53 Posi

I'm a little behind the curve due to a nasty stomach flu.... the check is going out this afternoon.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

Thanks for taking the lead on this, Justin. Just made payment via PayPal

Gary Hughes
    Gary
    Unique FIA 351W

Justine,

Did you get my PM? Somehow that does not sound right.

Thanks Ric

Question Where is that Credit Card link?

Quote Originally Posted by juanone View Post
    Submitted mine already with the credit card feature Patrick added to the forum. Way to go Patrick and Justin,Juan
    Can anyone give me some guidance as to where to find this credit card feature? I clicked on the links in the original message but always seemed to end up at PayPal.

Thanks!

Doug
    YD,E./PNB

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." (Daniel H. Burnham)

Doug,

I used a credit card this way

1. click on the forum payment link in Justins 1st. post.
    2. enter the amout you want to give. then click order.
    3. then click order using paypal this will take you
    to paypal, look below the password block for a link for
    "use credit card without paypal account".
    4. then fill in the blanks.

Hope this helps,

Rodney

Exclamation

You guys are all responsible adults, and I'm confident you read the fine print before signing anything........ but just to insure there is no misunderstanding down the line using your credit card - Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

Ric,

PM sent back your way.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far and I hope a lot more members pitch in as well. In fact, I just wrote my check out tonight and chose to use the snail mail option.

Alan mentioned in a recent thread regarding forum features that he had to delete some pictures due to size restrictions on individual galleries. This illustrates the need for the larger hard drives, so please help out if you can.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by pgermond View Post
    You guys are all responsible adults, and I'm confident you read the fine print before signing anything........ but just to insure there is no misunderstanding down the line using your credit card - Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.

None of the donation amounts are setup as recurring.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Thanks for the clarification Patrick - I didn't know if they were or not.... just don't want anyone surprised.

Thanks again for the clarification.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE

Roseville (N.Cal)