Here it is……..The official 2006 Unique Cobra.com Forum fundraiser thread!!!!!!!!!!

Phil asked for someone else to pick up the baton that he and Clay have so graciously carried, and be the point person for this year’s fundraiser. I have received so much from this forum and the members while building my car over the last year, that I felt compelled to help raise money for this valuable resource.

The forum site has been running well since last year’s software upgrade, but the server is getting older and we are running out of storage space. The current machine is a Compaq DL380 with four 18gig hard drives in a RAID 5 configuration. This only leaves 54 gigs of useable hard drive space after parity is calculated for the drive redundancy. (Sorry for the techno jargin, in English this means that the drive space on the Forum server is a fraction of what most of us have on our PCs at home.)

Patrick would like to upgrade the hard drives to either 36 or 72 gigs, but obviously this will take some financial resources to do so. Not to mention the amount of time it will take him to backup the data and image the new drives. But once this is done he can give us more space for picture and video galleries as well as have more room for other recently requested forum features.

As you can see, Patrick puts a considerable amount of time and energy into making this forum a useful resource that all of us who take part in this hobby can enjoy. So that he can continue to provide us a great place to get ideas, hang out, and get to know our on-line friends, please consider contributing something…….anything that you feel comfortable with during this years’ fundraiser.

To get an idea of the amount others have contributed in the past, you can click on the "ABOUT" button at the very top of the page and then under that "Friends of Unique Cobra." Remember…… ANY amount will be appreciated.

To Donate:

1) You can send a check via snail mail payable to Patrick Brown to

Patrick Brown
c/o UniqueCobra.com
2841 NW 74th St
Seattle WA 98117

2) You can use paypal @ https://www.paypal.com and make a payment to pbrown@sla.com

3) Donate using the forum @ http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/payments.php

Be sure to reference your forum user name in the transaction or on your check so you are recognized on the 'Friends of... ' page.

I hope all of the forum members have found this site to be as helpful to them as it has been to me.

Justin