Thread: Compomotive 3 piece FIA style wheels and almost brand new Dunlops for sale

Compomotive 3 piece FIA style wheels and almost brand new Dunlops for sale

I just bought a run down Contemporary Cobra that I'm restoring. The car's in rough shape, but about the only good thing on it was these beautiful wheels and tires. They're Compomotive 3 piece FIA style alloys, absolute top of the line stuff. They're 15 "x 8" wide fronts, 15" x 10" wide rears. Chrome spinners are included. The wheels are in very good condition. My car is Jaguar suspended front and rear, so they fit Jag 5 lug bolt on suspended cars. I don't know how to post a picture here, so if anyone wants to email me I can send you a picture. My email address is AE340B@aol.com (That's a zero in my email address, not the letter"O"). The tires are Dunlop GT Qualifiers. They're raised white letter, but the letters are mounted inside, blackwalls out. Of course you can remount them white letter out if you prefer. The tires have less than 100 miles on them, and are still so new the blue is still on the white letters.
    I'd like to get $1200.00 for the whole package, but I'll listen to reasonable offers. Thanks very much for the opportunity to post these wheels. By the way I have digital pics of the wheels, if someone could tell me how to put them here in the ad on the forum I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    Last edited by 767Jockey; March 1st, 2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Added request for picture posting instructions

Click on the Manage Attachments button when posting, replying, or editing posts.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Argh....it says the file is too big. I tried.

My wheels are sold. Thanks to the moderators for allowing me to post them. To all of you who inquired, thanks. The good news is I have a friend in New Hampshire who has the same wheels with BF Goodrich T'A's in great shape on them. He has just decided to upgrade to knockoff wheels as well, so his wheels are now for sale also. If anyone who missed out on mine are interested, please contact me and I'll forward his contact info you you. Here's the info on his wheels:
    These wheels are Compomotive FIA style made in England with BFG rubber.
    Front: 15" x 8" with backspace of 3.75"
    Rear: 15" x 10" with backspace of 4.75"
    Tires: 235/60-15 and 295/50-15 BFG's
    Bolt pattern 5 x 4.75" (fits Jaguar suspension)
    Condition is GOOD +

Thanks again to all.

Are these really the FIA style or are they the GT40 style? I have been wanting a true FIA style bolt-on wheel to replace my current Compomotives, but didn't think anyone made them. Do they look like this, just with holes for the lugs:

Unique 289FIA - Chassis #9229 - Viking Blue

Russ,
    They look exactly like that, but with lugs, and allen heads around the outside perimeter of the face since they are 3 piece. I'll email you a picture of mine, I don't have a picture of his, but his are identical to mine. They're gorgeous wheel, real high end stuff, made in England. I imagine they were big money when they were bought. Send me your email address at AE340B@aol.com. That's three four zero B, not three four and the letter "O". I'll send the picture to you via email as soon as I get your address.

You still out there, Russ?

Quote Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
    You still out there, Russ?
    Sorry I've been off the board for a few days. I PM'd you with my email address and would very much like to see a picture of the wheels.

Thanks!

Russ, if the wheels are Compomotive then they are GT 40 style, they don't offer a FIA wheel. Trigo makes the FIA wheel we use but it is a knock off.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    Russ, if the wheels are Compomotive then they are GT 40 style, they don't offer a FIA wheel. Trigo makes the FIA wheel we use but it is a knock off.

Alan
    Shucks. That's what I figured. Guess I'm going to have to buck it up and do the pin-drive conversion...

Russ,
    I forwarded you info to the guy who owns the wheels. He'll contact you - his name is Jeff. The wheels look JUST like the ones you pictured above. I don't know FIA from GT40, but I sure know what they look like, and they look just like what you have pictured above, only in a 3 piece. Also, they are DEFINITELY Compomotives, they say it right on the back, COMPOMOTIVE - MADE IN ENGLAND. Good luck - they'll be a WHOLE lot cheaper than going to knock offs, and they're absolutely beautifully made wheels.
    Doug

Compomotive wheel

This is the only Cobra wheel Comp makes.
    Last edited by weaver; August 6th, 2007 at 11:07 AM.

Here are the photos that he sent to me, and whaada ya know - they are bolt-on FIA'S:

He lists them as follows:

Front: 15" x 8" with backspace of 3.75"
    Rear: 15" x 10" with backspace of 4.75"
    Tires: 235/60-15 and 295/50-15 BFG's
    Bolt pattern 5 x 4.75"

I realize the tires in the back are too wide for the FIA, but I could mount my 255's on there, as long as the 10" wheel won't protrude outside the fenderwell.

Will this backspacing and bolt pattern fit my Unique??

Russ- That's them! I have a picture of the set I had that shows the back. They're DEFINITELY Compomotives - it says so right on the back. Forged right into the back of the wheels it says "COMPOMOTIVE - MADE IN ENGLAND".

Mr. Weaver, you're absolutely correct. I know Compomotive doesn't make these anymore. I'd estimate they were made about 10 years or so ago. I hope they work for you, Russ. They will definitely fit your bolt pattern, as they came off a Contemporary with Jag front and rear suspension. I don't know about the backspacing. Best of luck - I hope you can work something out with Jeff. Take care.
    Doug

If the backspacing is correct, the 295s will fit. I have 315s on my FIA.

Justin