Thread: Part 6.75- Seatbelts revisited

Part 6.75- Seatbelts revisited

In an earlier thread I showed the fabrication of a bar located behind the rear bulkhead that allowed me to raise the location of the shoulder harnesses. The next photos show the bar and its location.

This is the rest of the story…
    I wanted to make it easy to install and adjust the seat belts as well as make sure the anchor points were solid. I decided to fabricate brackets that could be welded to the frame. The brackets were made up useing ¼ “ flat bar with a ½ “ nut welded on. By welding the nut in place I will be able to bolt everything on with one wrench and in some cases from one side. The shoulder harness brackets are welded to the top of the cross member that the rear end bolts to as in this picture.

Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

These brackets then enter into the upper part of the trunk (I will make a seal for this later) and the belts attach as shown.

The brackets for the inner lap belts are welded to the ends of the 2x4 tubing I installed earlier.

The inner lap belt is then attached thru the side of the tunnel.

Rod
    Roseville, Ca.

The outer lap belt brackets are welded to a plate near the lock pillars. This is bolted thru to the frame later.

To be continued…
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.

Nice Job, Rod.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear