Thread: New Customer

New Customer

Well, I finally took the plunge. About 3 weeks ago I purchased a 427 Deluxe Pallet kit from Unique. This is something I have been researching and dreaming about for over 7 yrs. Yes, it takes me forever to do anything. I think everyone I know or came in contact with over the yrs is aware how much I love these cars. I am as excited about the build as I am driving it. Well, as lease for now. Yes, I am that guy who makes motor sounds in his car while leaving work some days. So be prepared for many questions once the build starts. This site is a great source for Unique owners.

Specs: 427 kit with the big brake upgrade, Trigo wheels, Yokohama tires (295/15) and (245/15), riveted style hood, a Super FE from Southern Automotive mated to a toploader trans. Paint and body work will be done by Bruce.

Alan and Maurice, if you see some guy with his nose press against the glass one morning it might be me. I am fortunate because I live only a few hrs from Unique.

Hi Phillip,
    Welcome to the forum. You should pat yourself on the back for making a good decision with your Unique purchase.
    Best Regards
    -Geary (Aggressor)

Welcome Phillip.
    You sound like me. I like wrenching on mine still as much as I enjoy driving her.
    Super FE from Southern. Good choice. The Weavers and Bill and Susan are all great people to deal with.
    What Color are you going with?
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Hi Phillip,

Welcome to the group!! Lots of great information here from some really talented guys! I got tons of info with my build.

Sounds like a nice package with the Super FE. Bruce does real nice paint work. Whats your color choice?
    Jeff

Unique 427 S/C #4279451
    Survival Motorsports FE482
    4 Speed Toploader (Nascar close ratio)

Welcome Phillip I built mine in 2000 and still love it. 'Lil' Cobra. Been dreaming about them for years prior to the 427 kit purchase. They go together smooth.

Ralph

Welcome, to the forum, congratulations on a dream come true. I dreamed of owning one most of my life. It was well worth the wait. The build was almost as must fun as driving. This forum will be a great help for questions that come up during the build. Hope to meet you at homecoming. My advise is take lots and lots of pictures during the build.

Rodney

good luck

well are you through yet????? this should be an interesting project regardless of your skill level....good luck...richard
    dickieboy7
    Unique 289FIA-Green
    351C-4V cobra jet
    Toploader
    did it myself..and fix it

Looks like R Dunn finally got off the golf course, come see us.

Alan

morning

little too cold to golf my balls this week...whats new?? last time I came up you were gone???? How are your mom and dad??? tell them I said hi and will see you guys soon????
    dickieboy7
    Unique 289FIA-Green
    351C-4V cobra jet
    Toploader
    did it myself..and fix it

Choosing a color I think is the toughest decision. I have changed my mind 100 times. Right now I am leaning towards Porsche midnight blue metallic with white stripes or Mercedes silver stripes.

The Weavers, Susan, Bill, and Bruce are great people. I have really enjoyed dealing with Unique, Southern Automotive, and Jobeco. They are all super nice people.

I guess you can say I have been “Bitten by the Snake” because I love these cars. I definitely plan to be at homecoming. It is something I plan every year and have attended 3 yrs running.