Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Homecoming Anyone?

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

I missed the catfish, but Fibbers was AWESOME today !

The weather held for us and the cruise was fab. Talladaga was really interesting, and they had the racing school going... in fact, freakin' brian is out there doing ten laps in the driver's seat of a race car as I write this. Mike Del just went for a 183mph ride with one of the track drivers!

For all that missed it, MAKE PLANS NOW FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!
    Last edited by Slither; May 12th, 2007 at 03:38 PM.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Damn... I missed Fibbers Slither, The two Phil's have been doing the anti-rain dance out west in preparation for the WSCB this coming weekend.... and may have even spilled over into Alabama. Talladaga sounds fun.... 183 mph

Y'all have fun and we'll see you next year.
    Last edited by pgermond; May 12th, 2007 at 06:28 PM.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

I'm glad the good weather held out!!! I've been watching the "Weather Channel" and hoping it would for everyone down there!!

Man I sure missed not being down there with you guys!!

I need to be strapped into a race car as a passenger and taken for 180 MPH cruise with a pro driver!

Everyone have a great time and get home safe.

Please post some pictures for the rest of us.
    Jeff

Unique 427 S/C #4279451
    Survival Motorsports FE482
    4 Speed Toploader (Nascar close ratio)

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Ya, it was FUNtastic!

Phil, I have ridden with your old friend Pat these last two years... he's a very gracious person. He mentioned that you rode with him his (and your) first year. Rod and I were talking about y'all making the Homecoming trip one year as a "California Contingent"... you need to work with him on making that happen!

Jeff, plan to attend next year... you won't regret it! Hope your build is going well. We'll be up your way before too long. I'll be in touch when we are getting closer to liftoff.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

[QUOTE=Jeff 427;77097]

I need to be strapped into a race car as a passenger and taken for 180 MPH cruise with a pro driver!

i wouldnt say that . i was going just as fast as mike was with a pro driver. its a no restrictor plate motor thats speed controlled by the rev limiter chip in the same msd 6 al box that lots of us run. as long as you dont go up on the chip youre running as fast as the pros doing the ride alongs. it was so easy to drive, after the first lap, as soon as i set the car into the turn, i was driving one handed and talking to the instructor with hand signals.(we kinda made up a couple extra signals as we went along). and i didnt even do the van ride around the track to be shown the groove.by the time 2 laps were done, the instructor was letting me get down on the bottom in the turns, and i mean right on the line. and all the way to the wall coming out of the turns (less than a foot)( youre not supposed get any closer than 3 ft) and i have an in car video to prove it. if youve ever driven a car set up for an oval track of any size, so you have a little feel for how a cup car drives, it an easy drive. the hardest part was keeping it just under the rev limiter chip. the wildest part is in the turns, with that much banking i could only see up the track about 75 feet , if that.( i think i was in a car set up for a short person) i will say it was intense. the best part is youre encouraged by the instructors to go fast , pass cars, and draft. everybody should do it. after i got done i think mike was regretting doing the ride along and not driving. although he did have a good ride, the instructors were mixing it up pretty good on his ride. later, brian