Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Anyone?

I plan to be there. It is something I try to attend every year. I plan to take delivery of my car 2 weeks before homecoming. So I will not have a car but always enjoy looking at the awesome cars that attend.

Alan - What timeframe do you give Fibbers for lunch on the cruise? Not sure I'll make the entire homecoming, but if not would try to catch up with you at Fibbers.

We are planning a new route this year so Fibbers might be out, we will decide in a couple of weeks.

Alan

Talking New Route

Go with the new route, something different sounds good, change of scenery.

I have heard rumors and it sound good to me.

We can always take a short trip to Fibbers.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Thumbs up New route!

Sounds good to me as well. Those of you who haven't really explored northeast Alabama would be amazed at the number of beautiful & fun drives to be had in the area.

Mom, Dad, Sandy, & I are actually talking about take a side trip on Friday between lunchtime & suppertime over into Alabama's "Covered Bridge Country" just west of Gadsden.
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Us and the Orange POS will be there Thursday for the catfish!

Scott, don't take no from your bitc....I mean date.

I will be there Thursday for catfish also.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Talking

Keep your fingers crossed... we are hoping to start building a week from today! Cottage first, to get out of the FEMA trailer, then on to the house after that.

I made reservations today, and I plan to be there if the building schedule permits.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Thumbs down

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.

If I do decide to go it will NOT be to see your ugly a$$ or your obnoxiously painted car or your ugly Don Ho fake silk shirt.
    I will be there to see your beautiful bride and her orange painted toe nails again!

You jacka$$!!!!!
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Talking

Now Boy's, lets not get ugly.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Home Coming Anyone

Betty, me and our two dogs (Burnie & TJ) rented a cabin in Mentone last weekend right on top of Lookout Mountain. NE Alabama has some spectacular scenery. We went in our 1984 Toyota Landcruiser (K9CRUSR) so I did not get to enjoy the driving experience of the Cobra on some of those beautiful mountain roads. I'm looking forward to the Home Coming Lunch Trip on Saturday.
    Dennis M. Swann

So, are you implying that it is time to buy a new shirt?

Is anyone heading up from the Atlanta area? I'm thinking of heading up on Thursday afternoon.
    427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

Whoa man... I can't believe I missed the orange toe nail polish. I must have been distracted by somethin' else!! Y'all have some nice rides !

By the way, he's probably actin' ornery 'cause he's just wishin' he weren't missin' the red one right about now.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Building schedule???

C'mon Paul, go ahead and come to Homecoming. Speaking from experience, I can promise you the guys working on your cottage/house can make just as many screw-ups whether you're there or not! Ohhhh, the joy of building...

You know how people say, "If your marriage can survive building a house, it can survive anything"? My retort to that is that Sandy & I didn't disagree on anything as far as paint, flooring, etc. - there were a couple of times we thought we'd both get sent to prison for killing a contractor with our bare hands, though!

And our house building experience has a "UNIQUE" twist. Mother's Day weekend, 2002 - also Unique Homecoming weekend. Mom & Dad's very first Homecoming with their car. Sandy & I are 2 weeks from moving into our new house, waiting on the hardwood floors to cure. Late Friday afternoon, the water heater in the house we're renting bursts, flooding the house ~6" deep. Mom & Dad have to leave Homecoming, and we literally spend all night Friday night getting our belongings out of the flooded rental and packing them in my parents' basement around the Cobra. Then, we camp out in their living room floor for 2 weeks... So much for the detailed, relaxed moving plans we had made.

Anyhow, really do hope you get to come to Homecoming, and hang in there with the rebuilding.
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Mark your calenders

Don't your folks mark your calenders a year ahead so that you do not schedule anything else homecoming week end? Looking forward to visiting with everyone. Any route the Weavers choose will be a great cruise. Alabama weather has allowed us to start cruising early this year, so we are already having fun. Remember I am a SOUTHERN girl, see Y"ALL soon.

Joan

Wink

But Zach... I am the contractor, so at least the good news is that I guess the cottage won't get messed up while I'm gone.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

It looks like both Kit Car and Kit Car Builder will be at this years open house so we need a big turn out. I'm thinking of this years cruise taking us by the Talladega Speedway for tour of the museum and maybe a photo shoot inside the track, it will be a longer trip than in the past and we can still eat at Fibers. Please don't wait till the last minute to send in your entry form, it makes it hard on my mom to plan everything.

Alan

Home Coming Anyone

According to Map Quest, it is 58 miles from UNIQUE to the Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, AL.....taking the backway (411). That is how I come to UNIQUE anytime I'm in the Cobra.

You could leave the falls, stop for a BIG Breakfast somewhere(?), drive to Barbers, tour the museum ($10/person) and then take 411 back to Gadsden for some rest time and early Mexican dinner. I could let the museum know we were coming as a group and maybe even get a reduced entry fee. I'm not sure I could talk George into any track time or not. That same weekend is rented for Sportbike Track Time and anyone who has never seen a superbike running 180 mph around a closed circuit is in for a treat.

Just thinking outside the Box!
    Dennis M. Swann

My car's in surgery

Alan, I'll be sending in my ap as soon as Dr. Parham gives me a diagnosis. Hopefully it's not too serious. It looks like I'll be tossing the BG Mighty Demon for an HP Holley. Also, I would like to get in Maurice's queue for a new set of headers. I'm wanting to upgrade to 1 3/4 tubes with the flanges cut to a modified felpro gasket that matches my ported heads. I figure I'll be able to sell my current headers as they are in great shape, save for a new coating job.
    427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.