Thread: Homecoming 2007

Thumbs up Homecoming 2007

Just checking in, got home OK, no problems. Nice and cool on the return trip, never got over 77 degrees. That was nice after we hit 90 on Saturday.

A total of 13 cars went on the extended cruise to Little River Canyon, we loged 195 miles total on Saturday, the other cars wimped out and went back to Gadsden after the Fibber's Feast.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

I knew my speedo was off, it showed me running around 90 mph all day long and traveling 245 miles. We changed the rear gear a while back from a 377 to a 331 and didn't change the speedo gear.

Alan

Talking

Still pretty good Alan averaging 79 mph!

Ralph

trip home

I am happy we went this year . Had fun but ,I did have some trouble on the way home .

I have been driving my car everywhere but decided to use a trailer this year to Gadson .

I rented a u-haul trailer and on the way back had a blow out on one of the tires . We sat on the side of interstate 85 in the hot sun for 4 hrs waiting on U-Haul to get some one to come change the tire .

All I herd for this 4 hrs was , What kind on mothers day was this supposed to be .

Tomorrow I am going trailer shopping .

Oh , by the way I didn't wimp out on the return from Fibbers . My wife did .
    Rick Findley

Talking Speedo

Alan,

I knew somethings was wrong as I hit the 110 MPH mark keeping up on I-20.

I think we made a record run from the Talladega Track to Cedar Bluff.

The hungrier Alan gets the faster he goes!!
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

hey y`all, got in a couple of hours ago. followed a drunk for the last thirty miles of virginia last nite. worst case ive ever witnessed, weaving halfway into the emergency lane and the passing lane, saw at least 50 close calls, stayed 300 ft behind him for 30 miles. i wasnt even going to try to get by him. cell phoned the state police, told me to give them the plate #. told him i wasnt going to get close enough to him for that. and even though i was giving the mile marker and would stay on the phone, i was told they wouldnt do anything without a plate number.????? still scratchin my head on that one. then there was a guy on I 84 in Pa. that tried to pass me on the right just as i cleared an 18 wheeler and was pulling back in front of. the guy complete the pass in the emergency lane at about 90, but other than that it was pretty much incident free. hope everybody`s trip home was more boring than mine. later, brian.

Just made it home. Wife and I had a great time, Thanks to everyone for the southern hospitality. To worn out to say much more right now.
    P.S.--- don't fly with American Airlines
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Did NOT do the midnight run to Gulfport, after all. I did make it back on Sunday, late afternoon. Torrential downpour when I arrived in Gulfport, just in time to foul up gettin' that Mother's Day card!

Oh well, a few raindrops didn't hurt it too badly.

Great to see y'all, and now I can't wait 'til next year... boy that Homecoming goes by fast.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Since this was only my second Homecoming, I only recognize most of you by your car. Rick in the U Haul, what color is your car?
    Walter

Walter ,
    I was in the green car with tan stripes . Other than this small problem we made it home ok . Just 4 hrs later than planned .

Thanks for asking .
    Rick Findley

I thought that was you. Good looking car. Your's is the one we all congregated around Thurs nite. Glad you made it back ok.
    Walter

Hey you guys, F. Brian and I didn't "wimp out." We stayed at Talledega and enjoyed the Racing Experience: 185MPH trips around the speedway. What a blast!!!! Still grinning!

Thanks to the Weaver Family for all that they do to make the Homecoming something we all look forward to.

Thanks to all of you that are so kind to us Connecticut guys during our stay.

I enjoyed talking to you and torturing you with my magic act.

Save your money and have more fun: instead of a trailer, get some plastic sheets and duct tape....Let's Ride!!!!

Glad to be home , but already looking forward to next year. If you've never been, start making plans for next year.
    Last edited by Mike Del; May 15th, 2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: details
    MIKE DEL

Your Warranty Voided Here...If you can't open it, it's not yours.

289 USRRC, 357 Magnum Windsor

Made it home late sunday nite safe sound . Had a great time this year renewing old friendships and catching up with everyone. Thanks Weavers for a great three days and everything you do to put this event ttogether. Hope to see you guys wed. or thur. in carlisle. Have a safe trip.
    THANKS, Glenn