Thread: Questions

Questions

Safe and Happy Memorial Day to All,

Could you assist in a few answers to build questions. I have the SA 406 w/the Canton oil pan. Does the oil temp sensor go in the opening on the driver's side or the front opening on the passenger's side?

On the e-brake install; the forum archives does not show a complete install procedure for the handle & cable. The handle was easy enough but so far the cable install consists of lying under the car and staring at the rearend. I see two problems, first the brake lines appear to interfere with the travel of the cable and e-brake engagement arm. Second I will have to cut the cable. Does that mean removing the cable from the sheath and cutting that piece and then the cable?

Thank you in advance.
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

on the e-brake the arms of the calipers can be moved up or down to clear the brake lines. you will have to cut the sheath and cable to length and yes you will have to remove the cable from the sheath. start with more length than you need and incrementally trim to fit. the cable if very tough and does not cut easily with hand tools, try a cut off tool. route and secure the sheath to the frame .the brakes work on a push /pull method. the driver side brake will be pulled by the cable but the pass. brake is pushed by the force applied to the sheath when you pull the handle. be sure to adjust the brakes so they do not have alot of play(its been a while but if i rememeber correctly the bolt with the small cotter pin can be turned to adjust the brakes)

Quote Originally Posted by Ric S. View Post
    I have the SA 406 w/the Canton oil pan. Does the oil temp sensor go in the opening on the driver's side or the front opening on the passenger's side?
    The driver's side..... it was the only option on mine. Made sense, since the oil temp gauge is the left-most on the dash.

Good luck!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)