Thread: Brakeperts Needed

Brakeperts Needed

Team,

I need a little knowledge on brakes. I have finished plumbing the fronts, put in the fluid, bled all 8 caliper points twice and I still have soft pedal with no resistance. The back system is not connected to the pedal. What am I missing? Do these master cylinders go out so easily?

Thanks in advance.

Ric
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

you only need to bleed from the top screws, if you using a suction type bleeder you may want to bleed by pumping the pedal. i'm sure you know with the small reservoir it is easy to pump it dry. i bought speed bleeders which made the process easier. it's been a couple of years since i first did my brakes but i think your pedal pressure may get heavier once you connect the back brakes. use the balance bas to adjust front to rear bias

The back system is not connected to the pedal
    Now disconnect the front master cylinder and then connect the back MC and bleed the rear calipers. Then connect the front and you should have hard pedal. The brake bias bar moves around alot when only one MC is connected.

Then make sure you adjust the brake bias bar is adjusted this way so that you have more front brake pressure than rear 2/3 front 1/3 rear

Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear