Thread: Oil pan

Oil pan

I am currently building a 351 windsor and i was wondering if anyone can recomend any particular oil pan, i am looking at moroso right. Is there any concern with clearace, and what is the maximun depth of the pan?
    thanks for the help,
    tripp horne

I'm partial to the road race pans. http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/...ront_sump.html

As far as clearance someone using a 351 will have to weigh in. Im running a big block and my pan is 8 1/2" deep with no problem. The 351 pan is 8" so I think it would it fine.
    Unique 4279459

Just

put canton pan on 351w and all is fine.Raised front end of vehicle tiny bit for better ground clearance.7 quarts oil.Will-alabama

I prefer the road race type or 'rail' pan available from Aviad and Armondo with a central pickup. Even more clearence then a front or rear sump for a given capacity. I think the small block one is only 6.5" tall.
    http://www.ohiocobraclub.com
    http://www.londoncobrashow.com

I'm running the Canton "T" roadrace pan - 8" deep and 9qt capacity. If you think you might spend some time on the track, add the windage tray. Great pan.
    Gary
    Unique FIA 351W

I had the Canton Road Race pan on the car and it worked great, hard launch or hard breaking, hard turn, the oil press never bobbled. Fit good and the windage tray fit well also. Kit came with studs and s.s. hardware.

I have a Milodon for the Mustang project and I think they are absolute JUNK. I will not be using it.

351W Canton:
    Last edited by Brent; September 20th, 2007 at 09:05 AM.
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Put

a milodon on a 302 hopped up in a 66 mustang, had heck of a time bolting pan up to begin with and was just flimsy.Canton with all hardware was a cinch to bolt up on the 351, has windage and partitions-stuff, and never a blip in oil pressure.But, now, me and old Joan don,t do no hard take-off,s or round the track none, either.Have 383 scat-probe rotating in 351, no bogging on take off now.Your right Brent, milodon ain,t much .Will-alabama

Our car has a Canton that is 8" deep and we'll have 3"-3.5" to the road with our 351W. I'd hate to go much lower!
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Question Mia

Brian,

What happening????
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear