Thread: Southern Automotives 482FE

Southern Automotives 482FE

I had Southern Automotives upgrade my 427FE to a 482 stroker.

OH MY GOODNESS!

I am (was) a 427FE purist. For what it was originally designed for, high rpm racing, it is perfect.

But for the street the amount of torque put out by the 482 is absolutely mind bending!

I have still not fully gotten into it yet. Bill said make sure the car is pointed straight when I do.

All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you!

to Bill and Susan Parham and Lyle Piper

Last edited by Naumoff; June 24th, 2007 at 06:18 AM.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Thumbs up Welcome, sinner!

You heretic.

You need to remember, Mr. Naumoff, that while money absolutely corrupts...............POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY.

And congratulations on your development into the new ages. Now, be very, very careful with your exuberance in corners......
    Yeehah

Hey Tony, is that my car in the front? Looks mighty familiar.
    427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

Tony,

You must be nuts What kind of hp/torque does it develop? As previously mentioned.... be careful!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Tony, it must be yours.Red w/ white stripes is a rare color combo.
    Naw, That is a picture I pulled off of SA website.

What kind of hp/torque does it develop?
    Phil, GOBS

I am just enjoying the cruising again. So taking it easy and being carfeful is not a problem.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Just remember the Golden Rule shiny side up.... greasy side down
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Will do Phil. I have to make it to Homecoming next year.
    Tony

Tony,
    All I can say is wow. I only have the 406 from Bill and one day I decided to get on it which I have never done before. Well let me tell you the car did a 190 deg. you should have seen the look on my wife's face and mine to be honest with you, since then I have never done that again. I can't imagine the power / torque from that beauty.
    Where did you get those valve covers? I've been looking for those to buy and have come up empty.

Regards,
    Charlie

Stroker 482 Cubic Inches

I had Bill build one four years ago. Wife, Sandy, and I drove an "out of the cardboard box" service block down and after a few hours and questions, we agreed as to how the car would be run and what I thought I wanted from the engine (looks and performance). He crated and shipped the engine (with a manual) to my mechanic in PA and we installed. Six or seven turns and it fired up. Not too proud to tell you - I had tears in my eyes. My mechanic thought someting was wrong. I explained that this was my second engine,first had a crack in the block, and I only had one more shot to get it right. Can't tell you enough "how right" a move it was to hire Bill and his crew, to build this 427. Great people, super trustworthy, this man knows Ford engines. This engine always satisfies, from that sound of start up, to going down the road. It's all about sound and torque. I've been going to professional driving school (Pocono Nascar track) for two years. Still scares the devil out of me! I've only been able to stab the two fours, it gets up so fast you run out of track (I road race), short straight then all turning. Abosolutely amaising torque - pure American Power.
    Best Ford engine builder on earth! And guess who put me in touch? Right - the Weavers.

Bill is a great guy and built the raffle car motor as well. Very interesting to listen to, a real historian. Thanks Bill!
    http://www.ohiocobraclub.com
    http://www.londoncobrashow.com

Bill is a great guy. I don't want to leave when I visit. Susan is a sweetheart. I like talking to her. I had a long trip home and forced myself to leave.

Charlie, Were you pointed straight? I got those valve covers from Bill. They have a show polish on them. I really like them.

Dave, Great story. Would love to see you run sometime.
    Tony

Charlie,

If you don't have your rear tire pressures set the same and the car pointing straight, the ride can get quite interesting.

Tony, lookin good!!!

Very nice upgrade! I have 2 years now on my Southern Automotive Super FE and still love it!

Looks awesome

The motor looks great!

Should haul some serious mail too!!
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Thanks

I am very pleased.
    Tony