Thread: Shades of the Past

Shades of the Past

If anyone has a room they are not going to use at Norma Dans please let us know, we have several customers wanting to go this year that would like to stay with the rest of us. Email or call me if you can help.

Alan

No replies, does this mean everyone that has a room is going this year? Don't wait untill the last moment to let a room go, it's hard for most people to go on a moments notice.

Alan

Shages of the Past

Heck.....I don't even have a room reservation and I'm going!
    Dennis M. Swann

Rooms

If Norma Dan is all booked, try the Toni Best Western next door. We stay there because we can get a family suite that 6 will fit into.

Joan

Dates

What weekend is the event?

Thanks
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

The weekend after Labor Day, Sept 6,7 and 8th. The motels require a 3 night stay.

Alan

I am not going to be able to make it this year, fishing trip to Alaska the week after labor day. Hope everyone has a Great time and enjoys the great food and Cruising.

Hope to make it next year and will for sure make Homecoming next year.

Y'all keep the Butterworth's straight.

Rodney

What are the details of Shades of the past? I did a search and didn't find anything.
    427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

Shades of the Past is a street rod show in Pigeon Forge Tn, our customers stay at or near Norma Dans Hotel and hang out Thursday thru Sat and leave on Sunday. We go on a morning breakfast run through the Smokies every day which takes a couple of hours, sit under a shade tree during the day and go out to dinner in the afternoon. Friday night we do a low country boil, shrimp boil, by the pool and make home made ice cream. I have never been to the show but several of our customers do. If you want to go let me know, we have 1 room available at this time and will probably have more the closer it gets.

Alan

Rodney

Ya,ll behave over there at lincoln, now. Do we go to oxford this sat. night for show?
    Tony--shades of past is in pigeon forge, have tons of cars--so many you won,t be able to see all of them. Weavers and us gather at hotel Norma Dan with cobra,s and display there. Highpoint is going to brkfast early-at daylight--to townsend down thr. forest, and up 321 to apple orchard next am to eat bkfast. Me-Joan, Zach, Sandy usually convoy together cut back and forth across smokies tail of dragon and skyline road that connects into dragon road, try to mix it up a bit, see new country on way up and on way back shoot down 321 to townsend over to parkway make way to 411 let hammer down to Rome and tallapoosa and home.Super trip, we,ll see bunch of our unique gang. Took load of dixie queen watermelons last yr. , and have shrimp boil in back of hotel--out of this world. Great outing---one we look forward to each year. Will-alabama

Alan, do you know if hotels in the Gatlinburg area are just as busy? People could stay there and commute.
    Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

Its hard to find a room any where in the area, Norma Dan usually has some available for our customers after Aug 15th. I will post it then.

Alan

Alan I Need To Get With You About A Room If There Is Any Left. I Keep Getting Side Tracked During The Day. I Try And Call You On Thursday.
    Thanks Mike