Thread: Number of Grease fittings underneath

Number of Grease fittings underneath

I'm getting ready to put my car on a lift to check things out, tighten bolts, grease the fittings, etc. Does anyone know how many total grease fittings there are underneath? I'd like to get them all while I'm at it. Also, do Unique's driveshaft universal joints have grease fittings? I don't recall seeing any in the past, but never really looked.
    Walter

There aren't too many zerk fittings on these cars...Potentially 2 in the drive shaft and 4 in the half-shafts. (Ours has them there but none in the drive shaft) Old Jag suspension with the roller bearings has them but if your car is newer than early 90's from Unique you'll have teflon bushings instead.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Talking

'Bout eleventy-seven.

Let's see......there's 6 on each front side (2 upper a-arm, 2 lower a-arm, 2 ball joints), one on each tie rod end, there's 4 on the rear control arms, might also be one on the bottom of the upright each side. All of my u-joints have fittings but I don't grease them - it forces the seals open, allowing crap in, and spews grease just all over the place.

Do not forget, however, to pry out the little silvery plug in the top of the rear uprights and pump some grease down in that cavern that holds the rear wheel bearings.
    Yeehah

Thanks for the info..

So what is the best grease to use, I have no idea what is in my the car at present. I am a new Cobra owner so go easy on me
    So of course my next question is, is it OK to mix different greases?
    My car is a 93 build, are there any precautions or things to NOT do when I am greasing my car?
    How about things I should do?
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Thumbs up Chassis Grease

I have used 3 brands so far and the best by far is Amsoil Racing Grease, white in color. Dosn't melt, excess wipes up easily and is easily seen, and does a superb job in the lubrication area.

You have zerk fittings on the front upper and lower control arms, I just shoot a little in to keep the moisture and dust out. Wipe off the excess, once a year or every 2 years is enough depending on the annual miles driven.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear