Thread: Oil in the Bellhousing finally resolved!!!!

Oil in the Bellhousing finally resolved!!!!

Don't know if anyone remembers way back in 2005

http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/sh...ighlight=daveg

But I had an ongoing problem with a pretty major oil leak in the Bellhousing (all over the clutch). I would say that 1 quart every 60 miles would count as major.

For those of you that had been thinking, "I wonder how much oil Dave is spreading around Chicago this year?" - the problem has finally been fixed. After two failed attempts of changing the rear seal (and other seals) by my local mechanic, Bill Parham came up after the Ohio show and picked up the car.

After SA's changing of the rear seal, Susan sounds like she pushed them to drive it and, low and behold, the leak was still just pumping out.

Lyle just dropped it off this week - turns out the crank appears to have been a marine crank which, as Lyle mentioned, will just pump the oil out because it was built to rotate opposite of a car application.

Bill did indeed stand by his engine but I would also give credit to Susan (his better half) for coordinating and making this a priority to get done this summer. To change the crank, Bill had to completely remove and rebuild the engine. Now it doesn't leak any oil, starts easier and looks/sounds great.

While my car was at Southern Automotive Bill also added an MSD Distributor for me and fixed the leaking remote oil cooler adapter (never could get the oil pressure gauge to seal but with all the other oil leaking was not a priority) I also had them pick up a new windshield from Unique.

Thanks again Bill, Susan and Lyle for looking after my problem. Really appreciate the support and all the driving back and forth from Chicago.

Dave

Thumbs up Great folks at SA

Congratulations Dave! Bill and Susan (and Lyle) are fantastic! SA definitely stands behind their engines. When Lyle came to my house to help me out, aside from fixing my problem, he basically gave me a class on small blocks.