Thread: Column Stalk Question

Column Stalk Question

I'll type up a new chapter soon, but here's the quick lowdown on the good news...Our car is finally drivable! We have put a couple miles on it so far thumping around the neighborhood. No doors, no hood, no trunk, one seat, but smiles a mile wide! The car runs absolutely great with an eyeball alignment and ballpark tune. Can't wait to get it dialed in!

On to my question...I saw JeepSnake's thread on fuses and it got me to thinking about my own wiring question. I am trying to wire the horn on our car, but can't seem to figure where it is switched from. For those of you with horns how do you turn them on?

Our wiring diagram indicates the stalk has a horn switch built in, and instinct would tell me that it actuates when you push the end of the turn signal stalk "in", sliding the handle inwards along the length. Does this sound correct? I can't seem to get current to flow using this method.

Help!
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Horn

The turn signal switch pushes away from you or pushes in as a horn switch. Can't remember.
    Last edited by Brent; August 27th, 2007 at 11:25 AM.
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Brian.

On my car, you push the turn signal stalk in towards the steering column to activate the horn.

Bob

OK, that's what I thought. I'll keep fiddling with it, perhaps the connections are corroded or something. At this point I have a couple other tasks before the horn, but we're getting there.

Did I mention that this car is awesome and a ton of fun, if even only driving in the neighborhood?
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

as Bob indicates, the horn works by pushing in; pulling back or pushing forward works the brights, the horn needs a good ground to work well.