Thread: M1 Garand

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just ran across this post and thought I'd mention a few weapons that I have.

My dad was in WWII in Germany and brought back a Luger that he took off a German officer and a .30 caliber carbine (which I have). I also own 3-.22 caliber single shot rifles, 1 AR7 .22 cal survival breakdown model, 1-Colt AR15 with 3-30 round banana clips, a Browning .380 automatic (this first gun I ever fired as it was my grandfathers), a .22 magnum single action Colt, a .22 cal. automatic pocket model, a matching numbers 1857 single action Colt .45 with 5 1/2" barrel,a matching numbers Colt Beasley 44/40 single action with 5 1/2 barrel and a Ruger .45 automatic P80 model for my personal carry fire arm.

All of my weapons are in excellent condition and I don't really know what the value of them are today. I imagine that both Colts with matching numbers are relatively rare and my .30 carbine are worth some money. The others are just guns that I have collected over the years.

Hope you don't mind me adding my $.02 worth on this post.

PS I qualified with an M1-Grand and it didn't seem all that loud to me at the time...the M 14 was louder and I didn't like it nearly as much as the M1 Grand and the .30 cal carbine that I carried in Germany. I think that my Ruger .45 is louder than both...in my humble opinion.

Regards,

Terry
    289 FIA with SA 351 in progress.
    Last edited by tcolley; December 27th, 2007 at 06:37 PM.