Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
Are people to jerky? Do they panic?
Tony, it may not be a factor in this wreck, but you just hit the nail on the head about a majority of drivers today!!!

It seems like fewer and fewer people attempt to drive smoothly these days. Take a look around you as you leave a traffic light, and you'll see most people are trying to launch like Don Garlits. As you approach a red light, notice how many people fly past you and jam on the brakes as hard as they can at the last minute. On a multi-lane road, just take a look at how many people jerk or "throw" their vehicles back & forth from lane to lane.

I will hardly ride with anyone else because of this. I get terribly motion sick to begin with, so if I get in the car with a driver that doesn't try to drive smoothly, then, well, I get to revisit my latest meal

I literally make it a point to try to drive as fluidly as possible, unless conditions warrant otherwise. When leaving or approaching a light or stop sign or making a lane change, I might imagine that there's an open cup of Coke, filled to the brim and sitting in the cup holder, and I've got to keep from spilling it. If I have other people riding with me, I want them to come away with the impression that they've just been driven across town by a professional chauffeur - unless we're in the Cobra, of course!

All that jerking or snatching your vehicle around does for you is: 1) lower gas mileage, 2) wear out brake pads, 3) unnecessarily put wear & tear on all vehicle components.

Anyhow, just something your comments made me think of!