Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spark plug question ???

Quote Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
    I know, that is why I am changing back to the Champions for now. When I went to the Autolights three years ago, the champions that were in the car were burning perfect! Now I checked the Autolighhts after 5000 miles and there is almost NO deposits at all!
    So rather than try to adjust the carb to the autolites, I am opting to return to the Champions for now.
    You will understand better if you read this tread from the beginning.
    Update:
    I decided before I went back to the Champions to buy a brand new Autolite 45 to compare to the plugs presently in the car. I was amazed, there actually is deposits on those plugs very light gray color. I just never saw used plugs that clean. well I decided to NOT go back to the Champions.
    I showed the plug to my buddy and he said he would still like to see it a tiny bit richer and recommend going up 1 jet size. I am just going to leave it for now, especially since I am considering going with the Holley 750 HP next year.
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

NGK UR4...great plugs
    dickieboy7
    Unique 289FIA-Green
    351C-4V cobra jet
    Toploader
    did it myself..and fix it