Thread: Maybe selling - advice

Maybe selling - advice

I've been offered a 2-5 year ex-pat assignment in Germany starting next year that Wendy and I are likely to accept. There are details to work out at work, but it's looking good so far. If this happens, I've decided to sell (or possibly consignment sell?) my Unique 427SC and start a new project when I get back.

I bought the car new in 2001 from Bruce Botti in Connecticut, who was one of Unique's approved builders. Since then I've completed some nice updates: upgraded to a SA "Super FE" with about 2,000 miles now, Superformance seats with sliding driver's seat, and Bilsteins with Hypercoils. Other small details: Lucas tri-bar replica headlights, door sills, footbox heat shields, oil cooler shroud, etc. The car is very good shape, but does have the typical small paint nicks you'd expect from a car that's driven. Southern Automotive completed almost all the work, and I recently had it at McMichael Motorsports for a check up. It's registered in Georgia as a 1965 Ford 2 Door.

I'm looking for advice on the best path to finding a new owner for the car. Also I'm hoping to sell for $36-38k, does that seem reasonable? Much less than that and I'll be reconsidering the sale. Thanks!

Cobra Country seems to have pretty good success. I know guys who have used them and were pleased with the results. As for price - I wouldn't expect it to be on the market long.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Thanks for your thoughts Phil. If I do sell, I'll be sad to see it go but anxiously awaiting the next project ... whatever that might be.