Thread: Naumoff????

Naumoff????

How did you do at Run and Gun with the car?

Justin

It was great. First time for me and I had a blast.
    You should go next year.
    Is your car together?

Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Tony

Great looking head-on shot of your baby at speed.
    Stay Sport-Minded

-Geary

Thanks Geary, I think it looks Pretty cool.

Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Hey Tony,

I've come to realize that you can't get a bad photo angle on your car. Ya know it's got that black nasty square shouldered hunkered down look. All Business

-Geary

Thanks.
    That is the look I was going for.
    Tony

I hope it is out soon. I am waiting on the inner fender panelling. When I ordered the nose section I didn't know this part would need to be replaced. The shop is telling me three weeks after we get this part it should be done. Everything else has been test fit and preped.
    When I e-mailed James Yale (the Houston guy that kissed the wall with the Backdraft) he said that the 1/4 mile times weren't very good because of wheather. But what kind of trap speed was the new motor putting out and how did your auto-X go? I can't wait to get mine back to try the auto-X. I plan to attend R&G nest year.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Upchurch View Post
    I hope it is out soon. I am waiting on the inner fender panelling. When I ordered the nose section I didn't know this part would need to be replaced. The shop is telling me three weeks after we get this part it should be done. Everything else has been test fit and preped.
    When I e-mailed James Yale (the Houston guy that kissed the wall with the Backdraft) he said that the 1/4 mile times weren't very good because of wheather. But what kind of trap speed was the new motor putting out and how did your auto-X go? I can't wait to get mine back to try the auto-X. I plan to attend R&G nest year.

Justin
    Justin,
    Glad you are on your way to getting your car back together.
    To say the least, the weather was overcast and they said the track was sticky. Not for me or or a bunch of other guys.
    Well I wish I would have done a big smokey burn out. I spun tires halfway down the track. I never spin that bad on the street. I will have to check my time sheets but on the forth run I shifted to second and the car spun real bad and did a little dance. I was out of gas and time so I loaded her on the trailer and headed home. i never got a good run in.
    I really took it easy on my car. Autocross best time was 53 seconds.
    The fastest car was a 44 or 43.
    1:24 around the track and the fastest car was 1:04, a Corvette GTP
    Dean Lampe ran a 1:06 in his GT40.

I want to go next year but I have to start working on the wife. It is on the same week of our 20th anniversary.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    It was great. First time for me and I had a blast.
    You should go next year.
    Is your car together?

Great shot! I especially love the fact that you are in front of one of those hideous Dragons. I hate those things. To me, they epitomize all that is bad with "kit cars".
    Unique 289FIA - Chassis #9229 - Viking Blue

Thanks Russ.
    You are not to far from the Run 'n Gun. You should make it out next year.
    There were no FIA Cobras there.
    It was a good time. I am hoping I can make it next year.
    The Dragons were the C4 Corvette donor cars. Low and fast.
    Tony

I think the GTP Corvette is my all time favorite race car. What are the details on this car, is it race only or can it be driven on the street?

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Upchurch View Post
    I think the GTP Corvette is my all time favorite race car. What are the details on this car, is it race only or can it be driven on the street?

Justin
    Justin, You can drive it on the street but I don't think you would want to.
    Very low, very long and no rear visibility.

Open roads of Texas it might not make a difference. Here is a link for an article in Kit Car Mag.

http://www.kitcarmag.com/featuredveh...gtp/index.html
    Tony