Thread: engine removal

engine removal

i am pulling my motor, i bought an engine hoist only to discover i can't push it in far enough to attach it to the motor. i need about another 12 to 16 inches of boom length to get the hook in proper position. i could buy a longer piece of square tubing to lenghten the boom (probably not recommended by engineers). or use it from the side and somehow scoot it sideways but i think the front wheel would an obstacle.
    please HELP!

Put the car on jack stands. Pull the front wheel on the side you have room you can bring the hoist in from.

Pull trans out of the car. The engine can come practically straight up then out from the side of the car.
    I am an expert on pulling the engine and re-installing them in a Unique Cobra.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Scott here is a picture.

Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

THANKS, that will work, i was planning on pulling the trans and motor together but i guess that option is out. is anything easy?

is that red object in the middle of the pic a shop light? besides the TV and A/C, do i see a microwave too?

Quote Originally Posted by scott h View Post
    is that red object in the middle of the pic a shop light? besides the TV and A/C, do i see a microwave too?
    Yes and Yes.

Actually pulling the trans is not that bad and no matter what it is alot easier to control the engine without the trans. I can pull the engine and reinstall it by myself. Of course an extra pair of hands is always nice.

If I had an automatic I would still pull the trans but it would be nice to have a lift for that.
    Tony