Thread: Oil filter relocation needed?

Oil filter relocation needed?

Hi-

Smallblock going into an FIA car....is the oil filter relocator needed, or will the oil filter fit with enough room between it and the frame rail? I'd just as soon eliminate as many connections in the oiling system as possible.

Thanks!
    Chris

I don't think it will go unless you were to use a tiny filter of some sort.

For a genuine Ford-approved remedy, get the Ford Motorsport catalog from your dealer and order a 90 degree filter adapter for the small block. That will turn the filter out longitudinally beside the frame rail.
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Is this the car that just went to Austin? Are you going to run an oil cooler?

Justin

Canton Racing makes a nice adapter for remote filters/coolers.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

If you do not want to go to a remote filter there is a ford racing angle adaptor that attaches where the filter goes, you then angle it down or forward then put the filter on it.
    Check summit this link (http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku)
    Work in Progress, 400+hp 351C CHI-3V Heads, Tremec 3550-2 5spd Coal Black by Greg & Jerry Porter

Jerry hows your car comimng along?

Alan

"Slow" There have been a lot of other things going on around here, Greg has the body primed-sanded ready to paint, maybe we will get it finished next spring.
    Work in Progress, 400+hp 351C CHI-3V Heads, Tremec 3550-2 5spd Coal Black by Greg & Jerry Porter

Sorry it took me so long to get back here guys....I didn't get an email notification of posts to the thread.

Thanks much for the quick responses, I think I have an 90* adapter around somewhere.

Justin - Yup, I'm the car that just went to Austin. Are you in the neighborhood?

All the best,
    Chris
    Last edited by cwareham; October 28th, 2007 at 04:59 PM.