Thread: fire extinguisher

fire extinguisher

i hope everyone carries a tested fire extinguisher. i was driving on rt 93 north of boston today and saw a car engulfed in flames on the opposite side of the highway with people standing by helplessly. it was a restored 57 chev belair coupe. i don't think anyone was hurt but it made me sick.
    Jim O.
    Unique 427 S/C #4279479
    SA 402FE,Toploader,
    3.53 Posi

I think most folks carry some type of fire suppression with our types of cars - it's required for track and most car shows/concours events. Although it is sad to see one go up in flames
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Just keep in mind that the small extinguishers that we carry will not be effective if the fire gets to large. I watched a friends work van go up in flames even after we emptied a medium sized extinguisher on it.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

System on board

I only do the race track two days a year, but I installed a "Cold Fire" system. This is the replacement for Haelon. The canister is mounted in the trunk with release knob protruding between the seats. Safety pin installed, just pull pin and hit the knob with your elbow. That releases the canister through two tubes, one pointing straight at the two Holleys, the other nozzle from under the dash at my face.
    Hope I never have to activate. Reasonable fire prevention for $200.00
    Remember, we are made of fiberglass and when that catches fire, it's all over.

Dave, I did a quick search for Cold Fire systems and didn't find anything close to $200. Where did you get your's at?
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.

Cld Fire System

I got mine , with another buddy, from my local speed shop. I e-mailed them today and the responce was they would get a price to me tomorrow. Bought mine about three years ago. I'll get back to you when I hear from them and I'll set you up to talk directly. What pricing are you getting?

Cold Fire Costs!!!!!!!!!

Just talked to my buddy who put a system in at the same time, he remembers $300.00.
    I just got a quote back from my local speed shop $598.00 plus shipping. I guess that's it!
    Man the prices of everything (not just oil) are going out of this world.

That's more like what I was finding
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.