Thread: A Defining Moment

A Defining Moment

One year ago this month I put the Cobra on jackstands and started the build process. Today on a cool November evening, my wonderful neighbors helped me put the tires on the ground. She moved for the first time!! You all have been there. Now I have. I enjoyed a moment of accomplishment like few others in my past. I could not begin to appreciate the thrill awaiting me when I pulled away from my driveway. This is power; meaning the shear brute force of this automobile.

The great thing is it appears I came back with all the parts that pulled out of the garage. I know I have tried Alan and Maurice's patience with the number of calls and questions lately, so I too now send out a call of appreciation for the Weavers.

It will be many days before this smile will begin to dissipate, but for now I can relish the feeling of that first drive. Now it is back to the jackstands and a complete systems check.

Thank you indulging these ramblings. I hope the memory of your first drive was as self-gratifying.

Ric
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

Smile

(With a smile on my face reading your post)..... ain't it great? There is no better feeling than that first drive. The sense of accomplishment, the power, the pride.... the power, the stares... the power! It's going on four years now and I still get excited before each drive.

A note of caution - for the first couple hundred miles check all nuts-n-bolts. Header bolts are notorious for loosing up..... after a few hundred miles I almost lost a door (a shoulder bolt dropped out of the hinge).

Congratulations Ric - enjoy!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)