Thread: 2 Questions: wiper parts and parking brake

2 Questions: wiper parts and parking brake

I'm looking for the ANCO wiper arms (41-01) and blades (20-10) that the Weavers supply with their kits. I been looking all over and can't find them. Does anybody have an online source?

Also, I've been involved in multiple attempts at getting my emergency parking brake to work (hold). I've made the cable as tight as I can get it. (I've got hold back springs on both caliper arms.) I've tightened the adjusting screws on the ebrake calipers as far as I can turn them, and with the brake applied I still can't get complete closure of the pads on the rotors. On both sides, I get pad contact on just one side of the rotor. As a result, when I'm on any kind of an incline the ebrake does not hold. I'm thinking about extending the threads on the adjusting screws so I can draw the calipers closer together. Is this the right approach to solve the problem, or is there another way?

DU

Rock Auto carries both parts .Go to their parts catalog and key in the part number and select the brand

www.rockauto.com

Bob
    Last edited by bstandley1; November 23rd, 2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: left out info

Bob: Thanks for the RockAuto.com wiper blade/arm source! I just placed the order.

DU

its been a while since i installed my e-brake, but i do remember having to shorten the cable to get the brakes to work. if your brake caliper pads are positioned so the are practically dragging when the handle is released will you be able to set the brake then? i am not sure why you only have contact on one side. i remember that the pads did not make full even contact with the rotor, i figured allowing then to wear a little would get them to make more contact.