Thread: New Heart for juanone 289

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Heart for juanone 289

After much thought over the last year and a half I have decided to give my 289 street Unique a heart transplant. I took a lot of abuse over the way my car sounded, performed and in short I decided to take action.

I have had a new DSS Racing 331 Stroker built and installed in my car. The difference is incredible. Now I have a real Cobra, to my way of thinking.

I think on my original engine Rick and Butch did a great job in both specifying and building but it just was not visceral enough for me. I thought I would be happy with a perky 302 Ford Racing Crate Motor but it just was not enough.

Attached are some photos of the engine before installation, folks it is a work of art. Plus it sounds and feels great. As soon as the weather cooperates I will post some photos of the engine in the car. I also redid the exhaust system. Before I had just 2' pipes all the way back, now it has 2-1/2" all the way back and ceramic coated black looks awesome. With the amount of new horsepower this baby puts out we needed the breathing room, not too much so as not to affect the torque that comes with it. Pictures will come.

Just thought I would give you an update since I have not visited the forum in quite a while. I will also post the specifics on the engine later on.

I love my 289, I don't get tired of looking at it plus the design of the car is just so beautiful, I think I'll keep it.

Enjoy,

Juan
    Last edited by juanone; June 4th, 2008 at 01:32 PM.